Summary of Qualifications
• Proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
• Flexible and versatile-able to maintain composure under pressure.
• Five years’ experience performing Film Production duties such as; editing, script writing, advertising, design graphic and filming.
• Good understanding of video, audio signals and broadcast standards, facilities and file formats.
SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY – CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO
Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication: TV and Film
Graduate: December 2010
• Successfully completed the writing of a 60-page comedy.
• Hands-on experience in the positions of producer, director, assistant director, floor director, and camera operator. Showed creativity and innovative thinking in handling productions.
• Wide-ranging knowledge of film and video projects from inception to completion.
• Provided practical support to the director and production team during the making of films and television programs for various class projects.
• Competent in film and audio editing.
• Solid skills in improving productivity and efficiency while in production.
• Performed wide range of tasks at all stages before, during and after filming.
• Responsible for setting up lighting, camera, set design, detailing and shot logging shoots.
• Editing experience using software including Avid, Final Cut Pro, Pinnacle, and Adobe InDesign.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign and Outlook.
• Communication skills including speech/presentations, writing scripts, and technical documents.
• Conduct script analysis and contribute to script changes. Ability to write and edit scenes, treatments, and scripts.
• Handled administrative and organizational tasks, to help the production run smoothly and on time.
KFVS 12 CBS AFFILIATE- Cape Girardeau, MO
Production Intern May 2009-August 2010
• Operate the CG system for evening newscasts and edit videos for newscasts.
• Create graphics using InDesign for advertising ads and other editing sources.
• Run studio camera and teleprompter.
• Assume duty of Floor Director and Technical Director as needed.
• Perform various web operations for online production.
SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY-Cape Girardeau, MO May 2009-August 2009
• Maintained lawn care throughout 300 acres of the University campus.
• Coordinated and planned landscaping projects.
• Maintained all grass areas by mowing, trimming, and reseeding new areas.
CONTEMPORARY SERVICES CORPORATION – Los Angeles, CA May 2008-August 2010
• Provide quality assistance and security to various event attendants.
• Handled simultaneous tasks and demands while under pressure.
• Organized and managed personnel.
Actively seeking an entry-level, full-time position in the field of Mass Communication that offers the opportunity to utilize my Communication degree to its fullest potential and increase my knowledge and experience in the field.
I am a highly motivated, creative college graduate with hands-on experience in television and film production. Skilled with production writing, video editing, audio and video mixing equipment, and camera operation, as well as computer and Internet expertise. I’ve had the unique opportunity to Intern at KFVS 12, a local CBS affiliate news station in Cape Girardeau, Missouri while attending college. My status as a full time collegiate athlete did not deter my commitment and dedication to gaining and obtaining invaluable learning experiences in this field. I am in search of an opportunity that offers advancement and allows me to make full use of my creative talents.