James Francis Levis
Highlights of Qualifications
• Highly conceptual and creative thinker able to translate ideas and strategies into visual form.
• 8 years of experience as an Illustrator, Concept Artist and Designer.
• Highly proficient in use of Wacom Cintiq tablet.
• Strong drawing, rendering and design skills in both traditional and digital mediums.
Freelance Illustrator / Designer 2015 - 2016
• Designed jackets, backpacks and other outerwear products using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Collaborated with Creative Director to develop concepts for product designs.
• Developed artwork and obtained client approval for licensed material e.g., Marvel Entertainment and Nickelodeon.
Character Artist 2015
• Illustrated animation key poses in Adobe Photoshop and Manga Studio for the turn-based social network game: ‘Marvel: Avengers Alliance’.
• Analyzed design requirements and coordinated with developers to create final animation.
• Coordinated with client and establish all artistic requirements ensuring successful output.
Healthy Notions Kids
• Digitally illustrated and designed CD / iTunes cover in for a children’s album called ‘Winner Live’ using Manga Studio and Adobe Illustrator.
• Designed artwork that captured the up lifting tone of CD.
• Evaluated client requirements and obtained approval for final cover.
Illustrator / Comic Book Artist 2014
• Illustrated pages in Manga Studio for the indie-comic ‘Megavator’, a steampunk comic about a giant hero robot.
• Collaborated with writers and editors to design characters, vehicles and environments.
Illustrator / Comic Book Artist 2013 - 2014
• Penciled and Inked pages and cover of issue 17 of ‘Witch Hunter’ in Adobe Photoshop.
• Coordinated with editor to maintain a consistency with previous issues.
Big Guy Media
Illustrator / Comic Book Artist / Storyboard Artist 2013 - 2014
• Illustrated pages and designed characters in Adobe Photoshop for ‘Circus Lights’, a comic book about UFO abductions.
• Sketched storyboards for the independent film, ‘In the Night Sky I Recall a UFO 2’.
New York State Thruway Authority, Harrison, NY
Clerk 2003 - 2012
• Processed payroll, attendance and daily work output for Cross Westchester Maintenance Section of New York State Thruway.
• BFA in Illustration, May 2003 SUNY University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.