Frank G. Fusco
Copywriter, Branding Specialist, Channel Marketing Manager, and Project Manager with sales background and 6+ years’ experience in consumer goods. Focused on using creative branding, original campaigns, innovative marketing solutions, multi-faceted project management skill set, and communication expertise to help brands gain mind-share and market-share.
Freelance Copy-writing -- Orange County, CA
• Developed multi-faceted campaign copy on-spec for national running shoe brand - Ampla Sports
Sprint Corporation (Prepaid Division) – Irvine, CA
Marketing Manager III March 2014 – Present
• Currently managing development, production, and execution of in-store marketing materials for Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Broadband2GO products within ~3,000 Walmart and ~2,000 Target stores nationwide.
• Utilize retail marketing to convey each individual brand and their core values by creating disruptive, engaging, and innovative in-store displays that work to capture customer’s attention, build awareness of products and offerings, and ultimately drive gross-adds.
• Led all retail marketing initiatives- including developing tactics; tailoring retail-specific messaging; communicating with internal and external stakeholders; and building planograms related to national launch of brand new Virgin Mobile Data Share offer.
• Leveraged sales background during launch of Virgin Mobile Data Share to build and nurture relationships with national account manager, Walmart buyer, and Walmart Visual Merchandising Manager by maintaining routine meetings and open communications to ensure an efficient and successful product launch.
• Previously managed all retail merchandising strategy, development, and execution for 9,000+ Indirect Channel locations: Launching over 300 separate tactics in support of two complete rate-card changes; various promotional offers; device launches; and multiple other marketing and business initiatives within a 9 month period.
• Participate in quarterly budget forecasting and reviews, ensuring all strategic elements and expectations are in-line with tactical components. In 2014, assisted Indirect Channel merchandising in saving approximately $1.5 million by partnering with outside vendors to produce certain tactics.
• Showcasing ability to proactively pursue incremental retail marketing assets by seeking out partnerships and pitching collaborative opportunities with vendors and device manufacturers (OEM). Leading to partnerships with companies such as Samsung, Sharp, LG, Kyocera, HTC, Motorola, and ZTE.
• Well-versed in creative briefing process, as well as displaying innate copywriting skills in order to create desired retail-focused marketing assets, while still taking advantage of collaboration with in-house creative and design team and outside vendors to produce world-class and award winning marketing materials.
• Consistently manage weekly and monthly marketing communication vehicles: Such as planograms, merchandising grids, monthly sales and leadership calls, and sell-through meetings, in order to continuously represent all retail marketing interests within the larger enterprise.