ALTON G. DUNN, III
NY and FL Teacher Certification
Physics & Math
Principles of Engineering, Civil Engineering, Aerospace Engineering
Visual Basic & VBA
Autodesk Inventor and REVIT
Database & Spreadsheet Design
Planning & Reporting
Research & Development
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS
• NYS Teacher Certification in Physics, General Science, and Mathematics. Also, approved by NYS as highly qualified to teach Earth Science. Provisional Florida certification in Physics and Math.
• Laurens Central School Superintendent’s Award (2013).
• Teacher of the Year Award, Laurens Central School (2005).
• Trained firefighter; certified EMT and Fire Police
• Certified SCUBA diver, advanced diver, rescue diver, and ice diver.
• Licensed amateur radio operator.
• Technical director for the first “Live from Antarctica” broadcast from the South Pole. Installed and operated transponder equipment at the South Pole for satellite mapping of Antarctica.
• Directed NASA research projects for the Space Shuttle and Space Station.
• Developed computer programs using numerical methods and object-oriented programming. Three software copyrights.
• Supervised hardware and software integration for multi-national NATO defense system. Conducted training for United States and foreign military personnel.
• Installed original CNN antennas for Turner Broadcasting in Atlanta, GA.
• Product Improvement Award, Hughes Aircraft Co.
• Author of over forty technical publications and reports.
• Eagle Scout, BSA.
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA: Post-Grad
University of Washington, Seattle, WA: MSEE
Colgate University, Hamilton, NY: B.A., Physics