1) Operates keyboard or other data entry device to enter data into computer or onto magnetic tape or disk for subsequent entry: Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer, using data entry device, such as keyboard or optical scanner, and following format displayed on screen.
2) Compares data entered with source documents, or re-enters data in verification format on screen to detect errors.
3) Deletes incorrectly entered data, and re-enters correct data.
4) May compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data to be entered.
5) May keep record of work completed.