• Hold Masters Degree in English and Bachelors Degree in English/Creative Writing.
• Experienced in Internet corporate writing and in online teaching.
• Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic teaching
Recruiting and retaining faculty and students; Managing and directing administrative processes; Evaluating transcripts and assessing student performance; Academic, business and creative writing at graduate level; Administering and supervising American College Test (ACT); Resolving conflicts fairly & proactively to achieve favorable outcomes; Computer software: Microsoft Word, Work Perfect, Spreadsheets, Excel, Inspiration, Blackboard, PowerPoint. Conceptualizing, developing & launching new programs, courses & workshops; Counseling & assisting students with Financial Aid & Tuition Assistance Programs.
• University of Phoenix, Axia College Online, 2008 - Present
Teach Essay Writing & Business Communications online classes
• National University, 1994 to present
Teach English 100 & 101 series, Critical Thinking classes
Los Angeles, CA
Taught Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, English 100 & 101 series, supervised onsite
• Brandman/Chapman University, 1986 - Present
2011 - Present
Teach blended Essay Writing, Writing about Literature & Critical Thinking, & Linguistics
1986 - 2011
Taught English Rhetoric, Writing About Literature, Science Fiction & Film, Creative Writing, Advanced Essay Writing, Conducted Junior Writing Prurience Examination.
Administered and supervised ACT; Taught Basic Grammar, Speech, Drama, & Business Writing
• Tutor students in writing proficiency
• Taught English as a Second Language to Japanese & Korean Businessmen and their families Diversified Language Institute – Torrance, CA
• College of Lake County – Long Beach, CA
• ESL Instructor – Lexicon, Los Angeles, CA
• Edited 400–page UCLA Political Science dissertation on Hegel
California State University at Long Beach
Master of Arts & Bachelor of Arts – English & Creative Writing (Dean’s Honor List)
Personnel Specialist, U.S. Army