Juan Carlos Tafur-Mejia
Seeking a company that demands high-quality design and dynamic production environment to further business goals, and professional image, and also, looking for a position as a digital artist utilizing my creative background as a 3D artist, web designer, video editor, illustrator, and advertising.
MA in Digital Arts & Sciences Dec 2014
Digital Worlds Institute University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida GPA: 4.0/4.0
Bachelor in Computer Sciences Aug 2008
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida GPA: 3.2/4.0
Associate of Arts in Engineering Dec 2004 Santa Fe Community College, Gainesville, Florida GPA: 3.6/4.0
Southeastern Grocers, LLC – Winn Dixie Headquarters March 2015 - Present
Specialist, Learning Design Innovator
• Responsible for the development of customized instructional and graphic design work to implement in the company’s training and educational solutions.
• Managed and connected learning solutions to achieve the business’ objectives through partnerships with different departments across the company.
• Managed and assisted in the development of all the required Spanish courses by translating, recording audio and producing all the necessary media for the training courses.
• Created e-learning graphics, animations, videos, communication and marketing products using a variety of tools, including the Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, After Effects); Autodesk Maya 3D Software; MS PowerPoint; and additional simulation tools including Articulate Storyline.
• Partnered with business units and developed relationships to recommend appropriate training courses, curricula and delivery.
• Provided technical advice and guidance to project sponsors and stakeholders.
• Ensured internal customer relationships establishing and reinforcing by meeting and managing interests and expectations.
• Partnered with team to ensure learning programs are innovative and best-in-class by maintaining current knowledge of learning technology trends, tools and emerging technologies.
• Performed other job-related duties as assigned as well as participated in a cross-functional project team.
• Interacted professionally with multiple levels of internal and external management including executive level, such as company’s human resources vice-presidency.
Digital Worlds Institute at the University of Florida June 2013 - December 2014
3D | Graphic Artist | Video Production Assistant
• Lead and managed the video filming and video editing production including graphics, sound enhancement, and animations for an online programming class from one of the main faculty professors in the department.
• Collaborated in video filming production for the Early Learning Florida project.
• Coordinated with other team members in the development and completion of multi-task oriented projects.
• Collaborated in the creation of 3D content, modeling all the necessary outfits for male and female characters for a human motion capture project utilizing Kinect technologies.
• Collaborated in the video editing for other production projects including, RTTT for the musical department, faculty online classes and theatrical events.
• Assisted with the image production for the RTTT project produced for the Musical Department at the University of Florida for educational purposes.
• Collaborated with the web design maintenance as well as the enhancement of different areas in the same.
Freelance Web Designer & Developer Jan 2008 - Present
During my free time, I decided to do full service graphic and web design work as a freelance designer for multiple local and nonlocal clients.
• Designed and created the complete design of one of the most outstanding magazines in the California area called Luxury Beyond the Gates.
• Worked in the production of the video for Growing Room Inc. including video filming, video editing and graphics creation.
• Created different web sites and print designs for a variety of clients around the US.
Center for African Studies at the University of Florida Oct 2011 - May 2014
Graphic Artist | Senior Graphical Web Designer
• Lead and managed the complete creation of the website in WordPress putting all their research material together to create an outstanding dynamic website for Leonardo A. Villalon, coordinator of the Sahel Research Group, Dean of the International Center and Professor of Political Science and African Studies at the University of Florida with emphasis in six countries in the African Continent.
• Assisted with the creation of design for different print materials for different events in the Center for African Studies.
• Created and designed the Sahel Research Group Logo.
Ad Media Resources, Inc Dec 2006 - June 2010
Senior Graphic | Web Designer & Developer
• Managed multiple projects at the same time, read and interpreted work orders.
• Provided proofs as necessary for customer approval.
• Determined best output methods, and successfully managed and coordinated graphic design projects from concept through completion.
• Worked closely with clients to create vision, conceive designs, and consistently meet deadlines and requirements.
• Maintained strong business relationships with communication and service.
• Worked with design team and account representatives to create unique and effective advertising.
• Designed and prepared in-house full color digital printing for large scale design.
• Used various levels of creativity including original design work, design modifications, file conversions and reproduction of customer-provided files.
• Developed concepts for layouts of articles, advertisements, and media kits, and produced designs for publication of quarterly issue.
• Designed custom web site layouts for multiple local and nonlocal companies.
• Created the appropriate HTML, XHTML and CSS hand coding for every web site.
• Used basic ActionScript for flash web sites and basic PHP for contact forms.
• Created corporate logos, business cards, letterheads, brochures, vector images, and custom designs for clients.
Ad Media Resources, Inc Sept 2006 - Dec 2006 Gainesville, FL
Graphic Design Internship
I Started at Ad Media Resources, Inc in September 2006 as an intern. Due to my studies, I collaborated with computer-generated art work for the different type of clients. My duties there included the design and finalization of print materials including postcards, business cards, logo design, redesign of company logo, and some web design modifications. I participated in the production of art work for key clients under direction of marketing department, and I was consistently recognized for fresh and innovative ideas and applications.
• Organic and hard surface 3D modeling
• UV mapping and texturing
• Character Rigging
• 3D printing technology
• 3D scanning technology
• 2D/3D Animation
• Motion graphics
• Web design & Development
• 2D Illustration and design
• Laser cutting technology
• Print design
• Design concept
• Spanish - Fluent - Native Language
• English - Fluent
• Portuguese - Basic
• PC/MAC platforms
• Autodesk Maya
• Adobe After Effects
• Adobe PremierPro
• Adobe Indesign
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Dreamweaver
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• HTML 5
• CSS 3
• XML (Basic Knowledge)
• PHP (Basic Knowledge)
References available upon request.