Bilingual Writer, Copy Editor and Spanish Translator
Creative and resourceful professional with 15+ years of experience writing content in English and Spanish for print, online media and video. Excellent grammar, vocabulary and spelling skills. Writes with target audience and content objectives in mind. Easily adopts different tones. Full domain of neutral and Mexican Spanish. Comfortable researching, absorbing and simplifying a wide variety of complex topics. Reliable translator who can transcreate content to make it relevant to its new audience. Keen eye for copyediting. Effective at multitasking and working under pressure.
Areas of Expertise
• Bilingual: English & Spanish
• Spanish Translator
• Spanish Transcreator
• Copy Editor & Proofer • Scriptwriter
• Fashion & Lifestyle
• Entertainment • Health
• Social Media
• HTML & SEO
Herbalife International of America, Inc. - Los Angeles, CA June 2014 – Present
The Creative Services Department is a fast paced department that produces online and print content to promote their products and support Herbalife’s Members.
• Freelance English Copywriter October 2015 – Present
Write original marketing copy including: Emails and web content, Member bios, flyers, posters, post-cards, and more.
• Senior Bilingual Copywriter June 2014 – September 2014
Wrote original copy in English and Spanish, copyedited content written in English and Spanish, and translated content from English to Spanish and from Spanish to English.
SABEResPODER - Los Angeles, CA March 2013 – Present
This organization produces educational videos, brochures and online/mobile content in partnership with major brands for distribution throughout the Mexican consulates in the U.S.
• Screenwriter – Write scripts in Spanish for educational videos produced in partnership with brands like PG&E, H&R Block, Post Foods, as well as with the Los Angeles City Council.
• Copywriter – Write website content, blog articles, mobile promotional campaigns & print materials in Spanish.
• Translator – Translate content English to Spanish and Spanish to English.
ISI Translation Services – Los Angeles, CA. October 2015 – Present
Industry leader specializing in health care translations.
• Proof documents translated into Spanish.
• Proof bilingual documents.
Synergistic Productions, Inc. – Los Angeles, CA. May 2011 – May 2015
Co-founded this multimedia production company with one business partner.
Journalist / Writer & Social Media Strategist / Video Producer
• Covered a variety of entertainment events, from movie and television premieres, to press junkets, set visits, fan conventions and award ceremonies.
• Interviewed over 300 major television, music and film celebrities.
• Co-produced and co-edited over 2000 entertainment video packages.
• Wrote online content, video reviews and social media posts.
• Reached over 16 million views on YouTube and attained over 50,000 combined social media followers across our different platforms.
The Chicago Tribune Company, Los Angeles, CA. February 2007 – July 2011
Worked from their Los Angeles TV station, KTLA, but reported to the television team in Chicago, IL.
Entertainment Video Producer
• Created, wrote and produced a series of online video reviews for The CW primetime shows. Their popularity opened the doors to stage visits and press events. All videos were posted on The CW Source blog, the 4th most popular blog from The Chicago Tribune at the time.
• Wrote on-air entertainment news packages about The CW and Fox primetime shows. The videos aired on all of The Chicago Tribune’s Fox and The CW television affiliates.
Yahoo! Español - Miami, FL (telecommute) January 2011 – June 2011
• Bello 51 Blogger: Wrote blog posts related to beauty and fashion.
Nestlé Pure Life via Threshold Interactive - Los Angeles, CA. March 2010 – June 2011
• Copywriter – Wrote original copy for the Nestle Pure Life Spanish site.
• Copy Editor – Copy edited content that had already been translated from the site in English.
• Transcreator – Adapted the translated content to the context and circumstances of the Hispanic target audience.
• Screenwriter – Wrote scripts for online videos that featured renowned talk-show host, Cristina Saralegui.
Baby Abuelita Productions - Miami, FL. (telecommute) January 2007 – July 2008
A bilingual animated series for pre-school children, that teaches Hispanic cultural values.
• Co-wrote a series of six episodes that was released on DVD.
Telemundo Network - Miami, FL. March 2005 – January 2007
• Co-wrote an episode of their popular television drama series, Decisiones, titled “Ojos Tímidos.”
• Interviewed participants of Al Rojo Vivo’s segment “Reencuentro” to write background packages.
• Wrote and directed a series of webisodes with the cast of popular drama series, Tierra de Pasiones.
Content Producer - YahooTelemundo.com
• Wrote content related to their variety shows and telenovelas, as well as movie reviews.
• Wrote movie reviews.
• Interviewed celebrities for video packages and written articles.
Script Writer - Universal Citywalk Fan Presentations
• Wrote scripts for the red carpet hosts for the premiere of drama series “Tierra de Pasiones.”
• Wrote scripts for the red carpet hosts for the opening of Telemundo’s Fan Fest 2005.
• Wrote scripts for game shows and talk shows created for fans to interact with celebrities.
Inter-American Development Bank - Washington, D.C. August 2002 – October 2004
IDB’s video department produces packages about development projects in Latin America.
Video Producer & Writer
• Wrote and produced short documentaries and PSAs that were aired throughout major television stations in Latin America.
National Geographic Television - Washington, D.C. October 2001 – May 2002
Transcriber & Translator – Transcribed and translated interviews conducted in Spanish for their “Taboo” documentary.
Plaza Sésamo - Mexico City, Mexico. August 1998 – August 2001
A Televisa and Sesame Workshop co-production. Worked for Televisa.
• Screenwriter – Was their youngest staff writer and wrote 4 episodes (3 studio segments each).
• Copywriter – Wrote show descriptions that were published in Mexico’s TV Guide. I also wrote press releases and assisted the Content Director in drafting the latest version of the educational curriculum.
• Translator – Translated content, regularly, from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish, to ease the communication between CTW and Televisa.
Education and Professional Development
• Master of Arts - Film and Video/Screenwriting – American University – Washington, D.C. - 2003
• Licenciatura Degree – Sciences of Education – Universidad La Salle – Mexico City - 1998
• Social Media Business Blueprint - UCLA Extension - Los Angeles, CA – 2012
• Telemundo Writing Fellowship – Telemundo & Miami Dade University – Miami, FL - 2005
• Plaza Sésamo Writers Workshop – Televisa & Sesame Workshop – Mexico City - 1999