• To further advance my commitment to the healthcare industry and be a part of increased positive patient surgical outcomes. In order to obtain this, I aim to secure a Clinical Specialist role that can also utilise my current nursing knowledge. With the possibility of moving into a sales role.
Peri-Operative Registered Nurse (Scrub and Scout/Anaesthetic Nurse/Recovery Nurse)
• Skilled perioperative registered nurse with practice experience covering a variety of surgical specialties including; mainly orthopaedic, general, and plastics then on occasion gynaecology, urology, maxillofacial and neurosurgery.
• Professional experience in clinical ward areas, including limited paediatrics and extensive perioperative experience.
• Computer skilled (Microsoft & iOS), excellent communication abilities, team leadership of theatre lists, proficient in documentation for accuracy and patient confidentiality.
• Provide optimal care for patients who are undergoing surgery by ensuring a safe and efficient theatre environment, which is run according to best practice.
• Educating and facilitating novice staff into the theatre environment.
• Recognising educational opportunities for novice staff and facilitating them when scrubbing for both minor and major cases.
• Organising and running lists. This includes ensuring all equipment such as loan sets and implants are available for each case prior to commencement; communicating closely with surgeons and other staff members to ensure list runs smoothly and efficiently; delegating appropriately to other staff members to ensure work load and duties are evenly distributed and educational opportunities taken.
• Floor co-ordinator of all 10 theatres on occasions.
• Being enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated to my role as a peri-operative nurse. Showing a positive, ‘can do’ attitude to every aspect of the peri-operative department.
• Ensuring National Joint Forms sent out monthly for National Joint Registration.
• Ensuring all joint implants used for the month are documented and charged for appropriately.
• Clinical experience in post anesthetics cares, airway and pain management. Requires liaising with anaesthetists, surgeons and patients.
Bachelor of Nursing (Queensland University of Technology) completed 2010
Certificate of Professional Sales (Australian Online Courses) completed 2014
March 2015 – Current Dot Dash Australia (Smith & Nephew)
Orthopaedic Sales Representative
June 2014 – March 2015 Australasian Medical & Scientific Ltd.
Territory Manager Qld – Medical Division
May 2014 – June 2014 Mater Private Hospital Operating Theatres
Acting Clinical Nurse of Orthopaedics
2011 – June 2014 Mater Private Hospital Operating Theatres
2008 – 2010 The Domain Greenfern Place Aged Care Facility
Assistant In Nursing/Registered Nurse
Communication: writes clearly and concisely, speaks effectively, listens attentively, openly expresses ideas, able to lead group discussions, provides feedback, persuades others, provides solutions, gathers appropriate information, confidently speaks in public, ability to effectively communicate with persons inside and outside the organization.
Interpersonal Skills: works well with others, supportive, motivates others, co-operates, delegates effectively, represents others, self-confident, accepts responsibility, capable team leader when required, able to educate and explain tools to new staff (including Nurses and Surgeons).
Organisation and Planning: Creates ideas, identifies problems, set and meets goals, identifies resources, gathers information, solves problems, defines needs, analyzes issues, develops strategies, assesses situations, handles details, coordinates tasks, always punctual, manages projects effectively and meets deadlines.
Management Skills: leads teams, teaches/trains/instructs, delegates responsibility, directs others, implements decisions and enforces policies.
Computer Skills: Competent in Microsoft programs, Microsoft office, Apple Macintosh programs and software and familiar with CRM.
Self-Starting Skills: Ability to obtain and process information quickly, able to understand processes, fast learner of processes and steps, initiative shown and becoming an asset to the company.