• Experienced in copy editing, being a section editor of a seven-paper newspaper company, as a manager of a sports and photography staff, all while staying true to deadline and producing weekly sports sections
• Strong technical command of the English language, familiarity with virtually all writing styles, and serious commitment to excellence in the printed and published word.
• Competent researcher, interviewer, and reporter.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Content Watch, Adobe InCopy, social media networking, and social media networking dashboards (Hootsuite).
B.A., English, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT
Sports Editor–Shore Publishing, LLC, Madison, CT
• Oversaw the production as well as editing of the sports sections for seven weekly newspapers with content including sports coverage for 10 high schools on the shoreline as well as community sports news, profiles, and columns.
• Managed three staff writers, a team of photographers, and a number of interns.
• Laid out the sports sections and guided the department through constant changes, including a demand for increased online content.
• On top of editor duties, continued to write stories and cover four high schools’ sports.
Sports Writer – Shore Publishing, LLC, Madison, CT
• Responsible for the sports content of two newspapers including four towns.
• Interviewed for and wrote/formatted two sports person of the week articles per week, along with provided superior weekly coverage of seasonal sports for four towns, including weekly game wraps.
• Formatted all stories and content in Adobe InCopy and laid out content for two sections in Content Watch.
• Adapted to learning new computer programs, including Adobe InCopy and Content Watch, along with new formatting of all content.