8352 Luther Drive ? Manassas, VA 20112 ? 571.606.7148 ? email@example.com
To use my command of the English language to assist in the creation of compelling and winning documents to meet any need.
Over the course of my technical writing and editing career, I took handwritten proposals, reports, and other documents and transcribed them into a soft copy form using Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, or Visio. For every task I have worked on, I did editing and for spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I also reviewed for compliance with regards to the requirements. I am very familiar with the proposal process for submitting in responses to RFPs and Task Order Requests for Government agencies such as the Army, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Veterans Affairs, the Air Force, and the National Science Foundation, for examples. I have experience with submitting proposals either by mail, hand delivery, or through an online upload site, such as used for the Department of Defense small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. I can manage multiple documents and projects at a time, even so much as typing, correcting, formatting, and submitting at least two twenty page proposals within two 8-hour work days to meet deadline.
Skills and Accomplishments
Shipley: Writing Federal Proposals
April 22, 2011
Completed the course taught by Shipley Associates.
Shipley: Managing Federal Proposals
May 11, 2011
Completed the course taught by Shipley Associates.
Other Skills and Accomplishments
Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, and Contribute
Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher, Visio, Word, SharePoint, Project
Deltek: INPUT and GovWin
September 6, 2011— present
Technical Writer/Administrative Assistant
Assist in the full cycle of proposal writing; from RFP to submission
Write and edit a variety of technical articles, reports, brochures, and/or manuals for documentation for a wide range of uses
Provide administrative support to senior management
June 1, 2010— April 4, 2011
HCI | integrated solutions
Involved in the full cycle of proposal writing
• Read through the Request for Proposals, studying sections C, L, and M thoroughly to create an outline for the proposal.
• Submit Data Calls to our teaming partners to get required information for the document. Create teaming matrixes to show where each of our teaming partners meets the qualifications of the solicitation. Work with the proposal manager to create writing assignments for our teaming partners. Produce documents such as project management plans and work with a cooperative effort with the appropriate stakeholders and managers.
• Write and compile the proposal with the requested information. Write and compile documents of scope, staffing, schedule cost, quality, risk, configuration, and procurement as per the RFP requirements. Make certain that the documents follow the proposal format guidelines as specified in Section L, meet the evaluation criteria in Section M, and cover the requirements of the PWS from Section C.
• Work on and organize Pink, Red, and Gold Team reviews for the proposal.
• Submit the proposal according to the submittal requirements
Watch upcoming opportunities using Fedbizops.org, INPUT, and GovWin
February 14, 2005— April 12, 2011
Center for Remote Sensing
Technical Editor / Business Administrator
Prepare proposals, reports, letters, and brochures
• Work with subject matter experts to produce the documents needed for the final product
• Submit proposals through the Department of Defense Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program. Make certain documents submitted follows the proposal format guidelines.
• Submit proposals and white papers to other solicitations by ONR, SPAWAR, and other programs
• Submit and prepare reports for each SBIR and other government projects (for such agencies like DARPA, NASA, and the National Science Foundation)
• Create and perfect product brochures using Microsoft Publisher for our commercial products. Make brochures available through the company website.
Correct documents and website for grammar, spelling, and proper format
• Take hand written documents and type them up into a soft copy. Correct grammar, spelling, and other issues while typing.
• Proofread proposal documents, patents, and publications before they are submitted and mark them up for grammatical and spelling corrections.
• Go over with the document writer about the content, grammar, page requirement, etc.
Submit documents in a timely manner
Update and maintain the webpage, http://www.cfrsi.com
• Maintain the website and keep content up to date. Correct and edit the website content using Adobe Contribute and some Dreamweaver.
• Update the website into new layout and maintain and organize it using Crimson Editor and Notepad
• Create graphics for the website and other sources using Adobe Photoshop
Reconcile bank accounts
Manage payroll, time-keeping, contracts and projects, sales, and purchases
Prepare and submit invoices, purchase orders, and quotes
August 2000— July 2004
East Carolina University
B.A. English, Concentration Writing
References available upon request.