• 15 years experience creating websites
• 13 years self-employed in customer service, sales, computer repairs and teaching
• 10 years experience technical writing, online help, user guides and manuals for software developers
• Researcher and writer for Time Life Books
• Fluently bilingual English/French
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Sales and Customer Service August 2001 – June 2014 Net Connect, Sutton, Qc
• Communicated with clients with all levels of computer skills to determine what they wanted to use a computer for, to provide them with a computer that would fulfill all their needs at the best price.
• Received malfunctioning pc’s, determined technical problems and repaired them as quickly as possible.
• Taught classes from beginners to advanced on how to use computers, surfing the Internet, Microsoft Office and Windows (all versions).
Sales and Customer Service January 2000 – June 2001
Internet au Virtuel, Cowansville, Qc
• Collaborated closely with the clients to explain the differences between computer systems and sell them a system that would suit them best.
Technical Writing Experience
Dolphin Software, Montreal April 1996 – October 1996
• Designed and wrote the user guide for a software product that automatically installs software on all the pc’s on a network.
Dr Tax Software, Montreal September 1994 – November 1994
• Wrote a workshop user guide for advanced users of Dr Tax software which was designed to help accountants prepare personal income tax reports.
Vermont Creative Software, Richford, Vermont November 1990 – April 1991
• Designed and wrote the online help and user manual for a new software product, Time Tracker. The software is used to track how much time is spent on various tasks and creates reports used to prepare invoices and check profitability.
Philips Electronics, Montreal January 1989 – June 1990
• Wrote the online help and user manuals for a new office automation system, AllRound PAPYRUS.
St. Rémy Press, Montreal June 1987 – December 1989
• Researcher and writer on the “Fix it Yourself” series of books for Time Life. Duties included researching possible repair techniques, setting up a troubleshooting guide, performing each repair act and writing the captions to go with each illustrated step of the repair.
1993 – McGill University, Montreal – Master’s Degree in Economics. Thesis topic: Soil Erosion from Agricultural Runoff as a result of Government Farm Policy.
1979 – Concordia University, Montreal – Honours B.A. in Economics with Distinction.
Available upon request.