Hello, my name is John I am from MIlford NH, I am an artist, I have decided to take a step in freelance work. I am into all different types of art and have been an artist all my life. My professional work does not mirror my artist side but to make a living its a little hard to do art but I am trying to step out and make it work. Below is my professional work experience and my art will be displayed on this site. I also do wood carving work and other crafts. Thank you for your time.
John J, DeCaro
Milford, NH 03055
Education and Training
Middlesex Community College (Lowell, MA)
Associate Degree of Science in Criminal Justice. Obtained 8/27/2010
Received high honors on the Dean’s List for three consecutive semesters.
Cumulative GPA : 3.07/4.0 – *** laude
Professional Job Related Training and Skills
Travis County Sheriff’s Office Correctional Academy Academy completed 6/4/2012
CPI – Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification completed 10/23/13
CPI – Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Renewed 10/14 – 6/15 NCH
CPR – AED- First Aid Certification 6/15 NCH
Professional Work Experience
Nashua Children’s Home (Nashua, NH)
Residential Counselor 2- September 2013- Presently Employed
• Establish positive relationships and boundaries with all residences and staff by initiating a safe and secure environment.
• Conduct residential meetings to ensure the well-being of residents.
• Attend conferences, establish written case reports on individual children to ensure an up to date residential plan for the child’s success.
• Encourage and support resident’s academic interest, provide emotional support to residents.
• Provide informal counseling to residents on a daily basis.
• Fairly and consistently enforce program rules and guidelines.
• Plan, prepare, and lead, recreational and social events. (Outside activities, day time trips, school activities, meals, etc.)
• Properly handle and administer prescribed medication.
• Promote a sense of community, by teaching and modeling cooperation, respect and responsibility in a residential environment.
• Utilize safe practices to deescalate crisis situations involving a resident who may be displaying unsafe behavior towards staff members or other residents, unsafe behavior to themselves.
• Properly utilize handle with care restraint techniques in crisis related situations in a residential setting.
Travis County Sheriff’s Office (Del Valle, TX)
Corrections Officer – October 2011- December 2012
• Provide correctional services related to the health, safety, and security of detainees and the public in a corrections facility or program.
• Conducted inspections of detainees holding cells and units, recreational areas, conduct head counts, safety inspections, and fire drills, serve meals, etc.
• Responsible for checking, completing, and processing official records and documents. Moreover, requiring proficiency in report writing related skills, the use of computer applications (such as Outlook and Word)
• Providing informal counseling to detainees, discipline detainees as necessary, intervene and resolve crisis situations (fights or medical emergencies), assist with the personal needs of inmates (including telephone calls, court appointments, programs, etc.)
• Properly relay messages through two way radio, utilize common sense good judgment.
Geo Prison Correctional Facility (Lockhart, TX)
Corrections Officer Cadet – August 2011 -October 2011
• Trained in defensive tactics, interpersonal communications and firearms training according to Geo Prison standards.
• Transferred to Travis County Sheriff’s Office.
Smith Security (Austin, TX)
Armed and Unarmed Security Officer – April 2011 - October 2011
• Trained at multiple academy’s through Amerishield in unarmed and armed security tactics
• Responsible for the security of property and persons.
• Escorting certain employees to and from work environments, such as high profile banks and other cooperation’s.
• Trained to observe and report any unusual activity to local authorities and defuse situations domestic or crisis related.
• Trained in defensive tactics related to security personnel. Including unarmed defensive tactics and armed defensive tactics.