1610 High Ridge Road, Lake Worth, Fl. 33461 Home: (772) 214-7445 email@example.com
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY: Experienced journalist, public relations agent and media strategist with more than 15 years of knowledge in all aspects of the media industry and how to effectively communicate and market key messages and brands.
Print media expertise. Strategic planning.
Versatile writer. Strong communication skills.
Online and social media expertise. Media relations experience.
Senior Brand Manager and Media Strategist, 7/2014 to present
The O’Donnell Agency
West Palm Beach, FL
• Strategic media planning and public relations managements for clients ranging from cities and utility companies to private schools and major railroad projects.
• Public relations crisis management and strategic crisis planning for clients.
• Pitching of article ideas, distribution of press releases and interfacing with the media on behalf of clients as well as promotion of their brands online.
• Brand and logo development for clients.
Reporter III, 01/2006 to 07/2014
Palm Beach Post
West Palm Beach, FL
• Reported on all aspects of the nation's 11th largest school district including
investigations, budgeting, features and governance for one of nation's largest daily newspapers.
• Spearheaded the expansion of online and social media coverage of the Palm Beach County School District including live tweeting of events, development of an education news Facebook page, blog and development of interactive online
features with articles.
• Participated in planning to expand video coverage on newspaper's website.
• Reported on all aspects of Martin County government.
• Reported on breaking news in Palm Beach County.
• Reported on all aspects of numerous municipalities in Palm Beach County.
Regional Affairs Reporter, 01/2004 to 12/2005
The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
• Reported on regulatory agencies, infrastructure and population growth issues for Washington and Benton counties in Northwest Arkansas.
General Assignment Reporter, 06/2003 to 12/2003
Bay City News Service
San Francisco, California
• Nighttime general assignment reporter for San Francisco Bay Area-based wire service.
Special Issues/ Night Reporter, 01/2003 to 05/2003
• Night breaking news reporter for daily newspaper.
• Conducted special investigation pieces for newspaper.
Cops/ Courts Reporter, 01/2002 to 12/2002
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Santa Cruz, California
• Reported on all aspects of breaking news crime and court proceedings for daily newspaper.
Cops/Courts Reporter, 10/1999 to 12/2001
• Reported on breaking news, crime and court proceedings for daily newspaper.
General Assignment Reporter, 05/1999 to 09/1999
Page News & Courier – Luray, Virginia
• General assignment reporter for weekly newspaper in Virginia.
Intern, 01/1999 to 05/1999
The Washington Times
• Interned on Capitol Hill during Bill Clinton impeachment trial.
• Covered U.S. Senate hearings on Y2K issue.
B.A.: Journalism/ Public Affairs.
Mary Washington College. Fredericksburg, Virginia
Florida Society of News Editors: Second Place, Breaking News, Class A. 2015
Virginia Press Association: First Place Investigative Journalism Group 3, 1999.
Virginia Press Association: First Place Specialty Reporting Group 3, 1999