I have over 12 years of sales and marketing experience ranging in industries from IT to Healthcare. For the last 7 years, I have been working in the hospitality industry in which I've been tasked to wear many different hats; social media, marketing, event sales, PR, etc.
In addition to the work listed below, I've written web content for a marketing firm's website, musician bios, etc. I've also written a sitcom treatment so I have a great sense of humor and a very quick wit, which I attribute to my family; I come from a long line of funny.
In short, once I have a clear understanding of the project and the voice that needs to come through in words, I can write anything.
(Country Music Television Inc., a division of MTV Networks)
Freelance Copywriter (06/07- 06/08)
• June 2007- Created taglines for non-profit sponsors partnering with CMT in their online OneCountry program encouraging CMT fans to sign up with various charitable organizations for volunteer work.
• July 2007- Created verbiage for internal cards distributed to CMT employees for various occasions.
• July 2007- Created headlines for a cable television trade company to promote CMT’s highest rating show, Ty Murray’s Celebrity Bull-Riding Challenge.
• July 2007- Worked with executives to establish various body copies and headlines for party materials in celebration of CMT’s VP of Creative Marketing 40th birthday.
• July 2007- Created copy for insert in HITS magazine congratulating MTV on its 21st anniversary.
• August 2007- Created headlines for CMT ads printed in the CMA Awards program for their general Country Fresh campaign that promotes the network.
• August 2007- Developed concepts and created headlines for a photo shoot done for Gone Country, a new reality show on CMT that debuted in January of 2008.
• September 2007- Wrote copy for ad promoting a tribute to Hank Williams, Jr. on the CMT show Giants.
• December 2007- Created body copies for in-store promotion of postcards in new CMT Loot store located in Nashville International Airport.
• February 2008- Created taglines, body copies, and headlines for CMT’s Affiliated Marketing Department to promote the Comcast migration campaign.
• March 2008- Created headlines and body copies for CMT LOOT announcement introducing LOOT apparel and products to CMT employees.
• March 2008- Wrote various ads to announce CMT Crossroads, a contest for bands to submit demos to compete for a contract as the CMT Crossroads house band.
• March 2008- Created lines for banners posted at Greer stadium throughout the Nashville Sounds’ baseball season.
• April 2008- Created multiple taglines for the promotional ads of a CMT Film titled “Beer for my Horses”, featuring Toby Keith, Willie Nelson and Tom Skerritt.
• May 2008- Wrote headlines for direct mail piece to promote two CMT network shows, Trick My Truck and Mobile Home Disasters.
New Orleans, LA
Contributing writer/copywriter/sales ( 2009-2010)
Scene Magazine is Louisiana’s premier entertainment resource. Created in 2009 by industry insiders, Scene offers exclusive access to the best of film, television, music and fashion in Louisiana, as well as coverage of major industry events such as the Oscars, Sundance, South by Southwest, Cannes and Louisiana natives making news throughout the world.
AMELIE G Style Magazine
New Orleans, LA
Contributing writer (freelance, 2011)
Covering New Orleans, Houston and other cities for the latest in style trends in fashion, design, art and culture, news and photography.