TEACHING AND TRANSLATION EXPERIENCE
Freelance Certified Russian/English Translator, Interpreter 2010-present
• Translated technical, historical, legal, and general documents in the English/Russian language pair, specializing in culinary arts, hospitality, tourism and travel, sports and fitness, medicine, advertising, banking and finance, business general, marketing, education, linguistics, humanities, and business administration and management.
• Conducted consecutive interpretation at conferences, meetings, presentations, and workshops.
• Provided editing, proofreading, localization, project management, and research services.
ESL Teacher – IAC Academy of Language and Overseas Study, Okinawa, Japan 2010-2013
• Designed General and Business English curriculum, as well as accompanying exams for students of all levels.
• Taught English using communicative methodology, online learning platforms, and educational multimedia tools.
• Conducted placement, progress, and final tests, tutoring students in the areas needed improvement.
• Delivered English for Special Purposes courses, including marketing and advertising, college level exam preparation, electric power and environmental science, firefighting and rescue, and recreational diving.
ESL/RFL Teacher, Translator, Interpreter – International Professional Training, Moscow, Russia 2006-2008
• Designed and taught General and Business English courses to employees of major international companies, such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Novartis, and Colgate Palmolive.
• Delivered English for Special Purposes courses, including legal and finance, presentations and negotiations, oil and gas, tourism and hospitality, medicine, and accounting and banking.
• Translated marketing materials, websites, and educational programs in the English/Russian language pair.
• Delivered consecutive interpretation at conferences, meetings, presentations, and workshops.
• Taught grammar, vocabulary, conversation, and exam preparation Russian as a Foreign Language courses.
ESL Teacher, Surgut School of Foreign Languages, Surgut, Russia 2003-2006
• Planned classes, designed curriculum, and taught General English courses to children and adults.
Corporate Learning and Development Director, IPT (International Professional Training), Moscow, Russia 2013-2014
• Training: Managed training and development plans for 400+ personnel on clients’ code of conduct, report requirements, policies and procedures along with core competencies, including negotiations, finance, and legal.
• Strategic Leadership: Supervised a staff of 5 academic managers and 300+ teachers, setting the stage for an engaged workforce that is committed to the organizational success on a micro- and macro-level.
Senior Key Account Manager – IPT (International Professional Training), Moscow, Russia 2006-2008
• Human Resource Functions: Coordinated recruitment and termination functions; maintained all Human Resources materials, including confidential matters.
• Performance Management: Supervised and managed 4 account managers and 150+ teachers, ensuring the Company’s remained a leader within the industry.
• Policies and Procedures Creation: Directed business and general learning packages for 80+ major international companies with a concentration in policies and procedures and curriculum development.
Store Manager – GNC (General Nutrition Corporation), Santa Fe, NM 2008-2009
• Development / Management: Managed and led a team of 3 on best practices, setting the stage for employee achievement of customer service and sales performance objectives. Lead scheduling, recruitment, and termination.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
BA, Teaching of English & French languages (*** laude), Omsk State Pedagogical University, Omsk, Russia, 2003
Translation Studies Certificate Program, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2010
Certifications: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), ETS, 2009
CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching), TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test), University of Cambridge, 2006-2008
Fluent: English and Russian ¦ Conversational: French and Japanese