Writing, Editing, Public Relations, Event Planning, Marketing
Social Media, Sales and Public Speaking
Workforce Solutions South Plains, Board Administration 1/2012 – 5/2015
Public Information Officer/Dir. PR and Marketing
Oversee all PR operations for 15-county region including media strategy, development and implementation. Develop all press releases, brochures, flyers and annual reports. Assist in production of radio/TV commercials/PSAs and coordinator for press conferences. Promote all programs including board administration, child care, youth, business services and job fairs. Perform on-air interviews. Develop, plan and execute major annual awards event and secure all sponsorships for catered banquet to 300 business partners and coordinator for motivational speaker. Partner closely with Chamber and Economic Development Alliance and serving on various PR and Marketing committees. Also, website and social media administrator.
• Certified Open Records Officer responding to customer legal inquiries for the release of open records as dictated by the Office of Texas Attorney General. Responded and resolved disputes of release through legal channels in the appropriate time period.
• Solely responsible for campaign for approval to bring organization into social media arena.
• Built sites for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube from ground up.
• Successfully grew business relationships, brand awareness, and event and services promotions as proof to gain approval of continued social media use within a reluctant organization to change atmosphere to one of total acceptance and enthusiasm to continue to grow and educate others in the company on its use.
• Developed Twitter class and taught others within organization, and business clients, on its use.
• Wrote nomination and won sole national award for client employer.
• Nominated for 9-month Leadership Lubbock project by CEO and accepted into program 2012-13.
• Group Leader for Chamber’s Leadership Lubbock Program.
• Key member in developing feasibility study for Leadership Lubbock class project.
• Designated speaker for graduating class to deliver charge to our members.
• Coordinated area disability groups which led to board winning the Hub City Access ADA Champion Award.
• Invited to be and perform as public speaker for non-profit area organization, Mosaic.
Lubbock Magazine/Lubbock Avalanche-Journal 8/2010 –1/2012
The staff-employed writer for Lubbock Magazine with a target audience of Lubbock residents, women age 30 and over from households of $100k and up. Production of majority percentage of department and feature
Kim Lehman-Brown, page 2
stories for final publication. Conduct all interviews, arrange for photo shoots and coordinate between client, models and photographer, as well as working closely with editor and designer to manage final content for publishing. Although hired as the staff writer for the magazine, due to experience and personal business ethic,
and the ability to successfully multi-task, also reported for the Lubbock-Avalanche Journal.
* Numerous testimonials available for review.
• State award for Star Breaking News Report of the Year, 2011.
• Article on wine grape research by the Texas Agrilife Extension Center was nominated by news editor and won for internal Morris Communications contest and was featured as an example story for our new iPad application launch. It also ran as a front page feature article in the Avalanche-Journal.
• Volunteer reader for Literacy Lubbock.
• Volunteer for High Point Village (organization for people with disabilities and their families).
Assetdynamx Healthcare, Inc. 8/2008 – 7/2010
Management of $1.5M budget and performed all Office Management and HR functions including payroll, AR/AP and assisting CPA with corporate taxes. Liaison between sales and IT employees as well as working directly with C-level hospital clients. Supervised operational and communication procedures both intra-office and with our Utah office as well as employee/client.
Cold-call phone sales to reach desired contact, usually the CFO, of hospitals throughout the United States, to set meetings for Regional Sales Managers to close sales of proprietary insurance billing, compliance and maintenance solutions.
Southern Vanity Magazine/Southern Savvy Publications 1/2008 – 8/2008
Self-initiated additional involvement with magazine as a contract writer by working on a pay-per-hour basis performing general office duties including filing, stock room, answering phones, general invoicing, subscriptions and sales leads. Filled in as editor with abrupt departure of Managing Editor just 2 weeks out to print. Gathered information and wrote numerous articles for issue as well as editing for entire magazine. Worked closely with Publisher/Executive Editor and Graphic Designer to bring about superior product, winning overwhelming accolades by both advertisers and readers. Continued working as contract writer with hiring of permanent editor.
4 Thought, LLC. 10/2006 – 7/2007
Orchestrating a virtual and local team of world-class digital and mobile strategists, creatives, and technologists and reporting directly to the Founder and CEO of this digital and mobile consulting company. Delivered blueprints and implemented navigational processes - ensuring on-time, on-task and on-budget delivery to the client. Key clients include, Ferrosan, Hotsos and Exhibitgroup/Giltspur.
• Copywriter, created all written materials for sales and marketing for the company.
• Office Manager/Administrative Assistant to CEO.
• Utilized multi-tasking and self-starter skills to manage general office duties, including QuickBooks, budgeting and customer relations, while arranging CEO’s scheduling.
Kim Lehman-Brown, page 3
Image Ink, Dallas, Texas 9/1992 –10/2006
Corporate audio-visual scriptwriting and production. Some clients include; Dow Plastics, Homer Laughlin China, Signet Armorlite, Mike Yurosek & Son, and Wincup. Additional services include resume writing, cover letters and direct mail.
KTEN-TV, Denison, Texas 8/1991 – 9/1992
10pm News Producer
Promoted within first month. Developed new segment features including Health Watch and the Senior Report, dramatically increasing ratings for the first time in 3 years.
Head News Writer
• Police, health/social services and politics in both Texas and Oklahoma.
• Uncovered major bank fraud case well ahead of competition.
• Provided remote coverage for major tornado disaster.
• Anchor for top ranked program in Region 10 market.
Assignments Editor/Videographer/Tape Editor
Coordinated coverage for stations in Denison, TX and Ardmore, OK. Supervised eight reporters. Announced for KIKM radio and performed field videography and editing.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT SKILLS:
Microsoft Office, including Power Point, Word, Excel and Publisher. Adobe Creatives Suites and Cloud, including experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Proficient with Outlook. Website updating using WordPress and other proprietary web design formats. Also, Drop Box, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Constant Contact, photography, and audio and video production.
B.S., Radio-Television-Film, The University of Texas at Austin, 1991.
B.A., Journalism, Minor: English, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 1987.
Mission Auction Fundraiser Leader, Fundraising leader for Collin County Women’s and Children’s Shelter, Lead Coordinator for Mothers of Preschoolers “M.O.P.S” for four years, Public Speaker for Mosaic, Literacy Volunteer, Leadership Lubbock Graduate. Sports and Outdoor Enthusiast, Gardening, Art, and Fiction Writing, Animal Lover. Interested in all people and have “never met a stranger.”