To create a brilliant film, one does not need special effects or gimmicks, one needs to be a creative editor. That is what I am. Not a cutter! And I pride myself on this! Not only do I work relentlessly to meet deadlines, I'm very good at working both in teams and on my own. A perfectionist at heart, I do not compromise with quality and meet deadlines. I completely understand the deeper roles that audio and video play to complement each other and am able to exploit this knowledge to create great programs.
With 20 years of video editing experience, I am skilled with storytelling styles of editing and capable of creating the required drama, mood and pace with editing. I've also worked with serials, corporate videos, documentaries, advertisements, and chidlrens programs.
Editing of Long Format/Documentary/Corporate films:
• NDTV Good Times - Feb 2008
Rough cut for a lifestyle programme on this channel
• For the French Embassy and the Alliance Francaise de Bangalore - April 2007
In the capacity of a Technical Director, I organized, recorded and did a live multicamera large screen projection for a French Music concert.
• For the French Embassy in India, in association with the Alliance Francaise de Bangalore - February 2007
For an interview with IT giant, Mr. Narayanamurthy, founder of Infosys - handled the camera and the edit of a short address to be used in New Delhi
• 1 minute Corporate film on the Girl Child - November 2006
The film won first place in a competition held by Doordarshan, India’s national channel.
• Documentary titled “Celebrating Ramzan – through the eyes of Kabir Aslam” - November 2006
This eight-minute film was conceived and executed by a 12 year old, and was entered in “Flash Frames” a documentary film competition in Bangalore. It was well received by eminent filmmakers.
• Documentary on ‘All Souls Day’ - December 2006
A short documentary on the unique customs in Karnataka on All Souls Day
• 'Vanaja's Story' - a one minute film for a competition organized by the UNICEF (Voices of youth “Make a Difference”) - This was the only entry from Asia to reach the top 10 finalists. - March 2005
Along with the other 9 finalists, this film was broadcast in celebration of the International Children's Day of Broadcasting celebrated on December 11, 2005. The film was made for the “Concerned for Working Children” (CWC), Bangalore. http://www.workingchild.org/
• “Taking Destiny in their Hands” – a 45 minute documentary on rights of working children – March 2005, Bangalore, India.
This film has become a landmark film in its circles, across the world. It highlights the struggles of working children in the international policy making arena, and has received standing ovations in Mongolia and other countries where it was used as a support film. It was made for the CWC, Bangalore.
• “Many faces, Many desires” - a film on different ****** orientation – For Sangama, May 2004 - Bangalore, India.
Directed by T. Jayshree, this film won accolades and awards. It is available in English and Kannada. I re-worked the Kannada version and did the dubbing for the film.
• Promotional film for the Alliance Francaise de Bangalore, India. – March 2004
• EDC (Education Development Corporation) in association with Discovery Channel, USA - In October 2003 - Bangalore, India.
One of four editors to be trained in this workshop.
• “Citizens Today” - a half hour documentary for CWC, Bangalore, India. – April 2002
The film has been used internationally as a landmark film in motivating discussions on Working Child Rights and Participation.
Editing of Television Serials:
• Cintel India - Mumbai – 1994 to 95.
Quality Control in-charge and Editor
• “Agni” – 104 episode serial with Tash Network – Mumbai
Editor for some episodes
• ‘Dekh Bhai Dekh’ - Mumbai - July 1993 to Jan 1994.
Sitcom telecast on Asia TV. It has reruns even now. Director – Aanand Mahendroo
• "Gulmohar (West)" – Bangalore, Dec 1992
Editor and Post production in charge
Soap on Zee TV (entertainment channel). Director – Sridhar Kshirsagar
• “Anand” – Bangalore/Mumbai, October to December 1992.
Editor and Post Production Consultant
Comedy – Director Sridhar Kshirsagar
• Zee TV, Mumbai - June to October 1992.
In House Editor