Over 20 years experience writing for publications and businesses. Specializing in promotional materials, press releases and branding communication. Creative writing experience as well.
Owner, JUMP Creative 2006-Present
Brand Development and Marketing Communications Company designed for entrepreneurs. Highlights:
o Z-Squared of Los Angeles, CA - (www.phonesheet.com) a web-based phone call and contact manager
• Identified and developed key marketing elements (tagline, generic descriptor, attributes, benefits)
• Developed company selling proposition
• Wrote original web copy for launch
o The Remedy of Los Angeles, CA – a health and well-being service company
• Created company name, tagline, and generic descriptor, as well as identified attributes and benefits of new high-end well-being business for entertainment industry.
• After marketing communication work was completed, the company doubled its client base in the face of the Writers Guild of America strike.
o Stash Picks, Inc. of West Hills, CA - guitar picks
• Strengthened Brand Identity by creating tagline and generic descriptor, and identifying key benefits and attributes of products by distinguishing the products’ specific target market.
• Redesigned product display and bag tags to highlight product features to new users.
• Supported redesign of website with web copy that aligned with marketing strategy
• Managed Public Relations including press releases. Media successes included Music Merchandising Retailer (4 page interview with CEO) and Los Angeles Times quote.
The Chambers Group, Los Angeles, CA 2001-Present
o Connectics Leader:
• Designed and led sessions with consumers using The Chambers Group proprietary technology, bringing the target market into the creative process. Method used by Fortune 100 companies.
• One of only two people to ever lead Connectics
o Project Manager:
• Facilitated communication between Creative Team, Executive Director and Mr. Chambers to ensure projects stayed on course with decided strategy
• Organized creative decks for clients
• Wrote final presentations
o Executive Director:
• Responsible for business development in South Central United States
• Projects include positioning for Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and Petmate
Tom Daley, Candidate, U.S. House of Representatives District 3 Aug. 2008-Sept. 2008
o Writer/Producer of 3 political commercials
• 1-Minute “Who Is Tom Daley” commercial script, included securing location which could provide several different backgrounds; directing candidate new to speaking to a camera; helping director direct extras for critically descriptive scenes; produced voice over; dressing outdoor location; gathering extras; creating props; supporting director/cameraman to get desired look
• 30-second “Who Does Sam Johnson Represent?” commercial script, included producing voice over, choosing segments from previous commercial to be included in new, shorter version.
• 30-second “Don’t Stop at the Top” commercial script, included securing location, props and actors; produced voice over.
Luis Moro Productions, Los Angeles, CA Sept. 2005-Mar. 2006
• Publicized through various media streams:
? “The Unseen” and “Love & *******” for the Pan African Film Festival in Los Angeles, CA,
? “The Unseen” for the Atlanta Film Festival in Georgia
? “Love & *******” for Palm Beach International Film Festival, FL.
o Developed and wrote press releases, press kits, etc.
o Food and Theater Critic for weekly entertainment magazine in 1990’s
o Produced video homage of founder and CEO of Plante and Moran on behalf of his protégé, Jay Alex
o Wrote 5 part examination on how *** education is being taught in my county based on a published survey; story published online on a Collin County political blog
o Produced sci-fi/comedy film in 1990’s that recently won a film festival award.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
• Graduated *** Laude
• Bachelors of Arts, Political Science
References available by request.