Rose Ann Rasic
SUMMARY Communications professional with more than 25 years experience in public relations, public affairs, marketing, corporate communications, community relations. Strong writing, editing, event planning, managerial and speaking skills.
MANAGEMENT • Writing/Editing • Community Relations • Public Affairs
EXPERTISE • Media Relations • Marketing • Strategic Planning
• Presentations • Event Planning • Transcription
2001-2013 THE TRUSTEESHIP, a nonprofit organization
As the sole employee, responsible for all aspects of the operation including: ongoing liaison with more than 230 members (via email, phone, etc.); all Board activities; event planning and coordination; writing/editing of monthly updates, newsletter, annual member directory and other communications; maintenance of database and banking accounts; and more.
FREELANCE WRITER/EDITOR – Assignments have included writing annual reports, magazine articles, press releases, newsletters, fact sheets, media kits, all types of corporate communications, transcribing/editing/proofing legal and other documents.
ARCHDIOCESE OF LOS ANGELES
Administrator, Clergy Misconduct Oversight Board
Responsibilities included preparation of case files, agendas, minutes and other documents; maintenance of comprehensive database; serving as liaison with clergy, staff, Board members and outside consultants; streamlining process case follow-up.
CONRAD N. HILTON FOUNDATION – Los Angeles
Consultant, Hilton Humanitarian Prize
Projects include/have included:
? Reading/evaluation of Prize nominee files.
? Conducting in-depth, on-site evaluations of Prize finalists.
? Writing comprehensive report on each finalist for submission to Prize jury.
? Transcription of day-long symposium (all speakers).
? Participation in annual Prize event (New York City & Geneva, Switzerland.
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE – Glendale, CA
Contract Writer/Editor, Department of Communications, Marketing & Foundation
• Planning and writing bi-monthly Foundation e-newsletter.
• Writing, editing “Gateways,” semi-annual college magazine.
• Writing articles, brochures, press releases, editorials, promotional materials.
• Strategic planning of public relations/community outreach.
• Organizing and managing all 75th anniversary events.
• Serving as community/campus liaison.
1999-2000 LA’s BEST AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM – Los Angeles
Director of Public Information
Responsible for all communications, PR and PA activities, including:
• Writing, editing, production of press releases, information kits, annual report, brochures, event programs, quarterly newsletter, speeches, etc.
• Serving as liaison with Mayor’s staff, L. A. City Council members, community leaders, educators.
• Strategic planning of ongoing media relations.
• Planning press conferences, program launches, other events.
• Re-design of information kit and brochure.
• Supervising consulting firms.
1991-1999 THE CENTURY COUNCIL – Los Angeles
Asst. VP Public Relations/Asst. VP Ethnic Programs/Other Positions
• Strategic planning/implementation of national PR/media campaigns.
• Writing, editing, production of all print and electronic PR materials.
• Building local, regional and national partnerships with church and community leaders, elected officials and others.
• Management of budgets ranging from $700,000-$2 million.
• Supervision of internal staff and consulting agencies.
• Serving as media spokesperson/company representative.
• Creation and management of award-winning national anti-alcohol abuse campaign in partnership with U.S. Catholic Bishops.
• Organizing California outdoor advertising coalition that included donation of 9,000 spaces valued at more than $1 million.
1989-1991 TIMES MIRROR – Los Angeles
Administration & Community Affairs
Responsibilities included Times Mirror Foundation activities, acting as employee and community liaison, staff training and supervision.
1982-1987 Part-time and Internship Positions -- Technical Writer/Editor at Burroughs Corp., Editorial Assistant and Tutor at Cal State Northridge, Correspondent and Co-editor at The Leader Newspapers (Glendale and Burbank).
EDUCATION California State University, Northridge – Completed course work for M.A. in 1995; B.A., English, Summa *** Laude, 1986