Over twenty years of experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. Extensive and recent experience as technical project manager, lead developer and application architect specializing in the Microsoft .Net platform. Current experience in a highly functional Agile environment with proven results delivering quality components to completion. Business expertise in both personal and commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance, health care, absence management and financing.
C#.Net, Visual Basic.Net, Microsoft Sql Server 2014, Microsoft Sql Server 2008, Microsoft Sql Server 2005, Mongo NoSql, MySql 6.2, Microsoft Office 2013, Internet Information Server Versions 7, 6 and 5. Source code control expertise with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, SVN and Microsoft Visual SourceSafe. Tools including StructureMaps, Ninject, nHibernate, nUnit, MS Test, ReSharper, SpecFlow, TestDriven.Net.
Consultant, TapRoot, Inc. Sep. 2014 - Current
• Green field application design, coding and troubleshooting C#.Net, MVC, Web Api to build dynamic pricing engine for collision repair parts for General Motors’ MyPriceLink application, a major market-focused collision parts initiative.
• Highly functional Agile team extensively using paired-programming, unit and acceptance test driven design with SpecFlow.
Consultant, Fast Switch, Inc. Sep. 2013 – Sep. 2014
• Application design, coding and troubleshooting C#.Net, MVC with Razor engine, Sql Server 2008, LINQ to SQL, Entity Framework.
Consultant, Vaco, Inc. Aug. 2011 – Aug. 2013
• Architecural design work for Family Medical Leave and absence policy documents for Fortune 1000 Corporate Clients.
• Developer for time and absence management system, using C#.Net, Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0, nHibernate, StructureMaps, Linq, Lambda expressions, MS Unit Test.
Consultant, Technisource Jan. 2011 – July 2011
Highlights for Children
• Technical architect and lead developer for Email Collection System, the company’s internal email address management system.
• Designed solution for email list management that handled over 50 million email addresses.
• Visual Studio 2010 and 2008, Visual Basic .Net, IIS 7.0, Microsoft Sql Server 2005 and 2008
Independent Consultant with Enterprise Resource Partners June 2010 – Jan 2011
Ohio Department of Health
• Technical architect and lead developer Ohio Department of Health Bureau of Radon Protection
• Designed solution and database architecture for Bureau of Radon Protection’s key licensing application for contractors specializing in Radon Measurement and Mitigation.
• Provided technical leadership to ODH internal development staff
• Visual Studio 2008, Visual Basic .Net, IIS 7.0, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Sql Server 2005 and 2008
Sogeti Consulting, Manager Enterprise Consulting July 2009 – June 2010
Emerson Network Power Systems
• Technical Manager, architect and lead developer for Intranet interface to corporate item hub pricing configuration database. Responsible for all technical design, including database.
• Technical Manager, architect and lead developer for Safety and Accident Management application to track workplace injuries. Responsible for all technical design, including database.
• Manager supervising developer team of five developers, two database administrators and one QA tester.
• Visual Studio 2008; C#, ASP.Net, Sql Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, IIS 7.0, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Services, Sql Reporting Services.
Enterprise Resource Partners, Independent Contractor August 2007 – June 2009
State of Ohio, Ohio Department of Health, Bureau of Children with Medical Handicaps
• Visual Studio 2003 and 2005; C#; ASP.Net, Windows Services batch jobs, Sql Server 2000, 2005, Windows XP, IIS 6.0, Microsoft Office SharePoint Services
• Successfully converted application from .Net framework 1.1 to 3.5
• Provided successful implementation of Case Management Application that had been abandoned by third party vendor. Application had no documentation, missing source code files and out-of-date source code files.
• Provided enhancements to improve batch job processing from 12 hours per run to less than 2 hours per run.
• Manage agency’s core Case Management system responsible for documenting, authorizing, adjudicating, paying and reconciling all accounts under BCMH management for its 35,000 clients and 12,000 health care providers.
Robert Half International April 2007 – August 2007
• Visual Studio 2003, C#, Sql Server 2005, Windows XP, IIS 6.0
• Resolved Sql Server response time issues with significant improvements in data processing.
• Resolved long-standing, ongoing logic issues causing the enterprise to significantly overpay health care providers.
• Application to reconcile provider payments after review.
Babbage Simmel Associates December 2005 – April 2007
Association for Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO)
• Designed, developed, and installed Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS) 2007 application using Visual Studio 2005, Sql Server 2005, SharePoint Designer, .Net Framework 2.0, Windows Workflow Foundation, IIS 6.0
• Developed specifications for web-based project through interviews with executive level employees and technical staff.
State Employee Relations Board (SERB)
• Sql Server 2000, C#, Visual Studio 2003, Windows XP, Team Foundation Server, IIS 6.0
• Generated all business and technical requirements for the project using interviews with senior level staff.
State of Ohio Office of Information Technology
• ASP, ASP.Net 1.1, Sql Server 2000
• Release and Permit application, used by every state agency to develop biannual budget.
Class Room Training Projects
• Instructor Microsoft Course M-2546/2547 Intense Client Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
• Instructor SharePoint Portal Server 2003 implementation and development.
• Instructor Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 implementation and troubleshooting.
Information Control Corporation Jan 2002 – December 2005
BMW Financial Services
• Lead technical architect for Account Manager system and Lease and Loan Payoff System.
• Visual Studio .Net, C#, ASP.Net, Sql Server 7, Sql Server 2000, Visual Basic 6
• Developed architectural and coding standards for C# applications.
• Invited as a founding member of company’s internal Advanced Quality and Innovation Council.
EC Outlook (Senior Web Commerce Specialist) Aug 2000 – Nov 2001
• Senior developer for start-up dot-com, developed technical specifications, participated in Joint Application Development Sessions with clientele, mentored junior developers.
• Visual Basic 6.0, Sql Server 7
• Web based EDI system for customers such as Bristol-Meyer, BASF, Daimler-Chrysler
3X Corporation Feb 1999 – Aug 2000
Developed solutions for 3X customers using Visual Basic 5.0, 6.0 and SQL Server 7 in areas of manufacturing and engineering. Conducted formal training courses in Visual Basic for Microsoft developers.
Maxim Group Mar 1998 – Feb 1999
Developed solutions for Maxim Group clients using Visual Basic 5.0, Oracle, SAS and Microsoft Access. Industries included insurance and pharmaceuticals.
State Auto Insurance Mar 1990 – Mar 1998
Gathered requirements, developed business and technical specifications, designed and implemented test plans. COBOL, Visual Basic 3.0 Microsoft Access. Earned Agency Automation Management (AAM) designation. Completed one part of CPCU requirements.
Department of Graduate Studies
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
School of Arts and Sciences, Major Economics
The University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Exam 70-310: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft C#.Net
Exam 70-315: Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
Exam 70-175: Designing and Implementing Distributed Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0