Creative and skilled Illustrator with 20+ years of experience working in the art industry with both traditional and digital media. Self-motivated individual who, values the importance of constant learning and sharing of knowledge. Proficient in many art mediums including digital applications, painting, drawing and sculpture.
• Computer: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash
• Painting: acrylic ink, acrylic paint, watercolor, gouache
• Drawing: pen, pencil, brush
• Sculpture: aluminum welding, plaster, plastalina/clay, latex masks
• Used drawing and animation techniques to teach kids about the process of art, while working at Children’s Art Festival at Vanier Park
• Worked in cooperation with an elementary school in Idaho, USA to create books for children to teach the kids about literacy by using art
• Communicated with clients in person and via e-mail to discuss their needs for various illustration assignments.
• Facilitated community art shows, by contacting other artists to participate, and advertising through different sources to gain attendance
• Contacted the Peace Arch news journalist Alex Browne, so that I could be interviewed to promote a book I illustrated, wrote and self-published
• Kept track of and organized multiple layers including voice overs and sound tracks for animation projects.
• Created filing systems to organize multiple illustration assignments.
• Keeping track of timeframes on multiple projects to ensure deadlines are met
• Responsible for finding future illustration clients through e-mail or by phone, sending postcards and portfolio packages and keeping contact lists up to date.
Related Work Experience
• Curious Learning (international Rocketship Limited) animator
• G-Shock Watch Game (Blast Radius) animator
• Nanook’s Ocean Adventure (Delta Cable) illustrator
• Shirt in a Can (MAdd Capp Ind) illustrator
• Hickory’s Problem (scholastic Canada) illustrator
• Selfish Tiger (Rubicon Publishing) illustrator
• Ice Journey (Rubicon Publishing) illustrator
• The Wild Life (The Inditer weekly webcomic) cartoonist
• Twenty-Five Guests and a Frog Named Farley (self published) illustrator, writer
• Beaver Buzz Logo (Double D Beverage Co.) illustrator
• Stock Illustration (Imagezoo, Istockphoto/Getty Images) illustrator
• Other clients include: Naikun Wind Energy, Pulse Design Labs, Super Pets (20’ mural)
Fine Arts 1991
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Special FX Make-up 1995
Vancouver Film School
Classical Animation Program 1998
Vancouver Film School