CURRICULUM VITAE for NATALIE SPA
MOBILE: 0488 441 929 / 0433 730 340
ADDRESS: 10/569 WELLINGTON STREET, PERTH WA 6000
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org - or - email@example.com
EDUCATION / CAREER HISTORY
2011 PRIAM BACICH
• Website design (HTML/CSS Coding in Notepad++)
• Design/Production of a CD cover and booklet
• Promotional photography
2011 EVENT PERSONNEL AUSTRALIA
• Cirque de Soleil wardrobe department/bump out at Challenge Stadium.
• Bumping in/out lighting/backline for concerts at Burswood Dome
• Video bump in/out for Soundwave Festival and more.
2011 OPEN UNIVERSITIES AUSTRALIA
LEGAL ISSUES: DEVELOP A MICRO BUSINESS PROPOSAL: BUSINESS CERT IV (TAFE SOUTH AUSTRALIA)
Currently studying part time
2010 OPEN UNIVERSITIES AUSTRALIA
DEVELOP A MICRO BUSINESS PROPOSAL: BUSINESS CERT IV
(TAFE SOUTH AUSTRALIA)
STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY ONLINE 1: BACHELOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
(ROYAL MELBOURNE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY)
• Role as a film extra, 2 days’ work
Sept-Oct ’09 MUSIC MARKETING
• Internet research, organizing of files/images
• Assisting client to quantify marketing objectives
• Graphic design / Branding
• Writing of a Marketing Plan which I sold to a client
Sept 2008 EVENT MANAGEMENT: BACHELOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
• Occupational Health and Safety
• Environmental and social impacts
• Gandtt charts
• Assignments: Case studies, analysis of a live performance
2006 on EVENT PERSONNEL AUSTRALIA
• Loading of trucks – trusses, musical equipment, etc
• Setting up lighting, cables
• Show call – on standby if needed, for the duration of the performance
• Bumping out lighting, audio, miscellaneous other items
• Production work is labor intensive and features rotating shifts
• Clients I have worked for via EPA include: Robbie Williams, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, Eric Clapton, Justin Timberlake, Jack Johnson and Michael Buble as well as the 2008 Perth Big Day Out, V Festival and the Red
• Bull Air Race.
2005/6 OPEN UNIVERITIES AUSTRALIA
JOURNALISM: BACHELOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
• Researching via library journals and eBooks
• Referencing – books and websites
• Essay planning and writing
• Online exercises, forum participation
BACHELOR OF INTERNET STUDIES, Renamed BACHELOR OF INTERNET COMMUNICATIONS (CURTIN / GRIFFITH UNIVERSITIES)
• Online exercises, forum participation
• Planning website design and construction – using PowerPoint, Photoshop
• Location shoots / selection and editing of photographs for web pages
• Basic audio editing e.g. Fade outs, duration and compression
• Conducting client interviews - bands, artists, multimedia designers
• Banner creation – photography and graphic design
• XHTML (eXtensible Hyper Text Markup Language) +
• CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) coding
• Selection of appropriate font styles
• Website testing with different web browsers
2005 RTR – VOLUNTEER
• Radiothon – taking calls, filling forms
CHANNEL 31 – VOLUNTEER
• Editing (video)
• Guest speaker for 2-3 drama classes
• Assisting a student with preparation for a monologue
• Scriptwriting for an end-of-year performance
SUBUKRAINIUM / THE SMOKING KEYS / PRIAM BACICH
• Graphic design
• Film – camera and editing,
• and the creation of an interactive CD ROM (team effort)
2003/4 BA of MULTIMEDIA (MURDOCH UNIVERSITY)
• Part time, first year units
• Topics of study enrolled in include: Introduction to Multimedia, Introduction to Digital Media, Photography and Screen Production 1 – where I became familiarized with the TV studios at Murdoch and learnt how to use their professional camera, switching and editing equipment.
FRENCH BEE / DASCH
2002/3 Studied for and sat the STAT, as my TEE score no longer valid (I am now a mature age entrant.
• My scores: Quantitive and Verbal = 161 / Written English = 154, which translates to a STAT rank of 80.3, which is acceptable for Curtin, Murdoch and Edith Cowan Universities.
2002 MYER PERTH
CASUAL SALES ASSISTANT
• Customer service/sales
• Register operations
• Work in fashion, cosmetics, homewares, kitchenware and bathroom accessories.
July - Dec 2002 PRODUCTION CIRCLE INCORPORTED
• Project development
• Assisting with funding applications
• Assisting to chair meetings
• Distribution of tasks within the group
• Canvassing for memberships
Jan - Feb ‘02 PERTH INTERNATIONAL ARTS FESTIVAL
MARKETING ASSISTANT - VOLUNTEER
• Mailroom – updating member contacts
• Marketing portfolios or scrapbooking
• Updating performers’ contact details
• Assessing competition entries
• Meet and greet – PIAF Opening ceremony
Feb - Dec ‘01 24 HOURS: NORTHBRIDGE
ORGANIZER / PARTICIPANT
• Promotional work, distributing publicity material
• Exhibition design and artistic development
• Bumping in/out of exhibition venues
• Assisting in the planning and hosting of the opening event
Jan 2001 ‘WEAVING ARACHNE’ at the ABERDEEN HOTEL,
NORTHBRIDGE – another KYOUDAI SHOW
PHOTOGRAPHER / EVENT COORDINATOR
• Concept creation as part of a team
• Artistic design and work on a concept for promotional material
• Coordinating models and aiding at rehearsals
• Photographic documentation of the event.
Jan 2001 on PRODUCTION CIRCLE INCORPORATED
• Researching business law and procedures for the organization
• Coordinating information for government agencies
• Coordinating communications and memberships
• Responsible for record keeping and filing
• Planning projects and managing committee procedures
• Researching funding bodies and insurance providers
Oct 2000 KYOUDAI (Fashion label) FASHION SHOW
PHOTOGRAPHER – ONE NIGHT ONLY
• For performance at the GLOBE NIGHTCLUB, PERTH
1999 - 2001 WA SALVAGE, OSBORNE PARK – CASUAL TO FULLTIME EMPLOYMENT
• Front counter customer service
• Answering phone inquiries
• Cash register, exchanges, refunds
• Balancing registers, banking, Brambles
• Merchandising, stock-take, pricing.
1999 THE BODY SHOP, PERTH – WORK EXPERIENCE
• Retail customer service
• Gift wrapping
• Merchandising / re-stocking
• Reordering from supplier
1995 - 1999 STUDY, TRAVEL, PHOTOGRAPHY, RADIO
• Accepted into UWA Psychology
• Holiday travel to various English and Spanish-speaking destinations in the Americas and the Asia-Pacific
• Travel photography, mostly, but also some nature, architectural and still life.
• Guest appearance on RTR radio - interview
1994 MERCEDES COLLEGE, PERTH – GRADUATE
• English, Discrete Mathematics, Human Biology, Italian, Art, Applied Art
• Sat the Tertiary Entrance Exam in English, Discrete Mathematics, Italian, Human Biology and Art (Textiles).
1993 MERCEDES COLLEGE, PERTH
• English Literature, Introductory Calculus, Human Biology, Biology, Italian, Art
• Student Exchange to Siena, Italy, also visited Florence, Assisi, San Giminano and spent 3 days in Rome.
My vocational history is based around creative practice and skills development. My work has encompassed areas of interest within the Arts, including self-employment in the Australian music industry.
Work experiences have included photographic exhibitions, Web and CD cover projects, as well as commission work for individuals in fashion-oriented fields and artist portfolios. Also, I am experienced in Microsoft Windows XP and 7 and numerous software packages, including MSOffice and Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, and I am currently equipped with Adobe Creative Suite 5 (2010).
I am currently employed on a casual basis with Event Personnel Australia and am studying both degrees in Internet Studies/Multimedia and Communications, and have recently received a certificate in Music Marketing at SAE, which I am applying for my work with successful local musician and businessman, Priam Bacich.
My future goals involve a deeper knowledge of the Arts in various capacities and an extension of my networking for mutual achievement in Film, Television, Entertainment and Media Arts and Design. I am constantly searching for ways to improve my understanding and processes as a multi-skilled and focused multimedia practitioner.
International work in major cities is something that I plan to do, as suitable career paths open up, and have already experienced travel to various countries including Italy, the USA/Argentina and Singapore, and aside from my native tongue (English) have an understanding of Italian and Spanish language.
I believe in quality outcomes within a framework of informed exploration and innovative approaches. This involves integrity, trust and negotiation in the context of business and personal improvement, and professional memberships with the Film and Television Institute and the Entertainment and Media Arts Alliance for networking and career support.
1993 - 1994 Six week student exchange to Siena, Italy (on return, an ‘A’ result was achieved in the Italian exam)
2000-1 Funding applications for projects accepted for the 24 Hours: Northbridge project,
Photographs from myself and over 50 other photographers were exhibited at Fuel Bar, James Street Northbridge and in the Central Park building foyer in the Perth Central Business District.
My photograph ‘The Tatt Shop’ was selected to appear in Saturday’s West Magazine (TV Guide for the West Australian newspaper) along with multiple other works and an interview with our marketing person, in a 4-6 page spread.
2002 Photograph ‘Velocity’ exhibited through Vincent Art Awards.
2009 SAE certificate in Music Marketing gained.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Foreign languages - Spanish, TEE level Italian.
• Good memorization, comprehension and writing skills, for example, remembering poetry, lyrics and prose, finding anomalies in information between websites for the purpose of journalistic research.
• Musical sensitivity, diverse musical tastes.
• Excellent customer service skills in a retail environment.
• Business knowledge relating to sole traders and associations incorporated, including an understanding of the business startup process.
• Photographic skills – SLR and digital. An eye for detail, and the ability to capture the most appropriate aspect of the subject in relation to mood, genre.
• Artistic and design skills in textiles, graphic art (logo/web banner creation), web design (XHTML, Cascading Style Sheets, Dreamweaver, some Flash).
• Efficient PC and typing skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and numerous other programs for word, image and sound editing such as Adobe Creative Suite 5 and Soundforge.
• Digital video editing skills in Adobe Premiere – trained at an internationally accredited university, also experienced the role of technical director, switcher, script writer, camera operator, and interviewee.
• Experience with the installation processes of various software packages such as: MSOffice, Nokia PC Suite and MS and Yahoo Messenger.
• Learns and adapts to new software packages with relative ease.
• Achieves a high standard of work
• Flexible in coping with new skills / situations
• Cooperative in a team environment, keeps work ‘drama free’
• Ambitious / determined / reliable
• Good time management skills / organized
VERBAL AND WRITTEN:
PRIAM BACICH Phone # 9335 2485 / Mobile # 0419 929 554 - METROCHURCH, PILLAR OF FIRE STUDIOS
ÉLAN SHAN –DRAMA TEACHER AT SEVENOAKES / SCHOOL PRINCIPAL (NORTH WA)Mobile # 0488 509 505
MME H M de RAVEL and SISTER ASSISIUM – School reference, MERCEDES COLLEGE
MR GIOVANNI CARTONI – HEAD OF DEPARTMENT, ENGLISH LOTE and DRAMA LUMEN CHRISTI COLLEGE (ARMADALE, WA)
PENELOPE H CANTOR LOPEZ – Personal reference
RAUL CANTOR LOPEZ - KYOUDAI – OWNER / DESIGNER
TREVOR CRISP – Professional reference, BRANCH MANAGER, WA SALVAGE (OSBOURNE PARK, WA)
HEMA PEIRIS – CONSULTING ENGINEER, MONASH
Thank you for your valuable time!
PORTFOLIOS OF WORK / WRITTEN REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING ON REQUEST