Summary of Qualifications
• 30 years of extensive experience in graphic design, illustration and desktop publishing. Developed brand and corporate identities, advertisements, catalogs, brochures, charts, graphs, maps, posters, murals displays, collateral and promotional material for retail, professional services, high-tech, financial, fashion and sports industries.
• Effective team player known for creativity, flexibility and sense of humor. Excels in consultive and persuasive skills, using diplomacy and discretion. High attention to detail and organization. Meets deadlines in a timely manner. Special emphasis on conceptual design and communication goals.
• Highly skilled in most forms of traditional and computer-generated illustration, including comps, storyboarding, character design, comic strips, caricatures, technical and photo-realistic renderings. Can easily emulate many styles of illustration for print and web.
• Extensive experience in prepress production and overseeing printing.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, QuarkXpress, MS Word, Powerpoint, Acrobat and other commonly used computer design applications. Keeping abreast of new technology through tutorials, workshops, and seminars is a priority.
Freelance Illustrator/Graphic Designer 1988 - Present
Responsible for interfacing with clients on a wide variety of jobs and executing the assignments on time and to the client’s satisfaction. Client list includes: Sony, Cotton, Inc., Tyco, LG Electronics, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Wendy’s, Domino’s Pizza, Foster Farms, Warner Brothers, Disney, The Cartoon Network, NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, United States Postal Service, Petco, Taylor-Made, Callaway, Top-Flite, American Golf Corp., Sycuan, Viejas, Chili’s Restaurant, San Diego Padres, San Diego Union-Tribune, Century Aluminum, First Allied Securities, Union Bank of California, Coffee Ambassador, Community Health Group, SDSU, Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Native Origins, Sunskinz Swimwear, SurfBoyz and numerous other businesses throughout the United States.
Lead Illustrator/project manager - P.S. magazine 1985 - 1988
Responsible for creating the overall look of a comic book-style maintenance magazine for the U.S. Army. Duties included laying out the entire magazine and creating original cartoon artwork that was used throughout the publication. Met with the editors in Lexington, KY on a monthly basis to go over the content of the upcoming issue. Supervised a staff of eight artists and was responsible for making sure the quality met or exceeded the governmental standards and that every monthly deadline was adhered to.
Technical Degree, May 1985
The Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, Inc., Dover, N.J.
Graduated with degree in Graphic Design and Illustration
References available upon request.