Dear Editorial Professionals,
Would you consider directing any work to a six-time journalism award-winner with 25 years’ experience?
I am a full-time freelance writer who has worked with communications agencies, national trade and consumer magazines, medical publications, newsletters, Web sites, book publishing companies, and the nation’s leading medical centers. Now, I’d like to offer my services.
Please feel free to access my writing samples at my online portfolio at www.harveyfreelance.com.
As a journalism award winner, I know what it takes to craft copy that is accurate, clearly focused and highly readable. As a full-time freelancer, I bring the highest degree of professionalism to each assignment.
I back all of this up with solid credentials:
• Before becoming a freelancer, my full-time experience included working as a newspaper editor/writer, the managing editor of a medical magazine, a contributing editor for three medical journals, and a writer/editor for a corporate communications agency.
• Freelance assignments have included magazine news and feature articles, promotional copywriting, medical and business writing, Web content, newsletter production, book manuscripts, and coordinating large publishing projects.
Now, I’d like for you to consider me a reliable resource.
Recent freelance projects and assignments include:
• MEDICAL CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS – Producing reports, newsletter copy, success stories and case studies for medical organizations such as Johns Hopkins Medical Center, the Fox Chase Cancer Center, Christiana Care Health Services, Albert Einstein Medical Center, The RADIN GROUP and GE Healthcare
• BOOK MANUSCRIPTS - Writing a book manuscript for a financial management company (The Secrets of Successful Retirement) and for an educational publishing company (The English Colonization of North America).
• FINANCIAL NEWSLETTERS – Contributing articles to Kennedy Information’s Investor Relations, for Editorial Directions LLC.
• BUSINESS and INDUSTRY – Writing business profile articles on an ongoing basis for Positive Publications, publishers of U.S. Industry Today and Food and Drink Quarterly magazines.
• HEALTH & FITNESS – Providing feature articles about health on an ongoing basis for publications such as Life Extension, Journal of Longevity, YourHealth Monthly, CarbLite, LowCarb Woman, Current Health and Well!
• HEALTH CARE – Writing feature articles on an ongoing basis for Great Valley Publishing, producers of three national trade magazines including Radiology Today, Social Work Today and For The Record.
• MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY - Serving as a regular contributor of feature articles to the national magazine Medical Imaging, published by Medical World Communications.
• INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY - Writing articles for industrial trade publications.
• PUBLICATIONS COORDINATION - Producing all published materials for the American Association of Botanical Gardens and Arboreta, including marketing and promotional materials, directories, booklets, Web content and the monthly newsletter.
• WEB CONTENT – Producing copy for Web sites such as Office.com (medical and business sections).
• CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS - Producing articles for the engineering sector of the DuPont Company and writing newsletters for other business sectors in the corporation.
• MARKETING/PROMOTIONS - Writing ad copy for Bradley Communications, a national media-placement agency.
• COMMERCIAL COPYWRITING – Producing PR copy for agencies such as Breakthrough Communications, MasterMinds, and Newton Associates
• MARKETING/TECHNICAL - Writing Industry “success story” articles for clients of Newton Associates Marketing Communications, Inc.
• BOOK PUBLISHING - Writing text for reference books and encyclopedias for the Gale Group publishing company.
My complete resume is also available at my online portfolio (www.harveyfreelance.com).
As a full-time freelancer, I bring to each assignment the enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity that a client or partner deserves to expect and receive. I am sure that you will find me to be well organized and detail-oriented as well as deadline-oriented. Please feel free to contact me at (302) 999-8879 or by e-mail.
Thank you for your time and consideration,