Over 20 years of experience in corporate communications and public relations programs covering the production of publications, journalistic writing, copy-reading and editing, layouting and graphic designing, and audio-visual production. I have printed and edited over 80 various publications, manuals, and academic and terminal reports. I also wrote and recorded scripts for over 15 and audio-visual presentations and documentaries that I produced for varied audiences. I am energetic, enthusiastic, creative, dependable, can work under minimum supervision, with excellent written and oral communication skills, and willing to do “an extra mile”.
Qualifications/Areas of Expertise
• Journalistic Writing and Editing (using the Chicago Manual of Style and APA)
• Desktop Publishing
• Communications and Public Relations Program Planning
• Scriptwriting for audio-visual productions
• Conceptualizing and managing Training Programs
Major Professional Trainings
• Writing for Annual Reports - Asian Institute of Journalism
• Journalism & Computer - Jaime V. Ongpin Foundation
• PageMaker & MS Publisher - Jaime V. Ongpin Foundation
• Video Production and Editing - Ateneo de Manila University
• Basic Color Photography - University of the Philippines
• Microsoft Publisher and Adobe PageMaker (for desktop publishing/layouting)
• PowerPoint and Movie Maker (for audio-visual presentations)
• Microsoft Word (for word processing)
• Microsoft Excel (for database management)
Saint Louis University, Philippines (2003-2012)
• Produce four major publications of the Saint Louis University administration per year
• Generate, extensively edit and layout articles and write-ups for various publications
• Conceptualize, generate and produce graphic designs and promotional materials
Consultant for Information, Education and Communication (IEC)
United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Netherlands Government, and Plan International; Isabela State University, Philippines (2000-2002)
• Draft and implement all aspects of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) programs for two environmental protection projects.
• Conceptualize and develop electronic and printed information materials and display boards, and supervise and package technical and working documents.
Development Communications Specialist/Training Specialist
Jaime V. Ongpin Foundation, Philippines (1987-1999)
• Conceptualize, layout, print and distribute the Foundation’s four publications.
• Draft, edit and package research studies, technical and documentation reports, and briefing kits with news articles for media organizations.
• Produce audio-visual presentations for various Foundation trainings, conferences and the like.
Advertising and Promotions Manager
Dimensional Construction, Trade and Development Corporation, Philippines (1979-1980)
• Formulate and implement advertising and promotional public relations events for the company.
Other job experiences:
Senior Regional Training Officer and Curriculum Development Specialist
Ministry of Human Settlements, Public Relations/Training Office, Philippines (1983-1987)
• Plan and implement the technical and administrative aspects of the training management cycle.
Area Population Program Manager
Commission on Population, Philippines (1980-1981)
• Monitor the population program in project outreach areas such as the activities of the field staff, stock level of family planning supplies, and availability of communication materials.
Mt. Province Broadcasting Corporation, Philippines (1972-1979)
• Broadcast news and community-oriented programs and special events on real time
• Saint Louis University, Baguio City, Philippines (1972)
Bachelor of Arts, major in Political Science, English and History
• Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines (1998)
Program for Development Managers sponsored by the Ford Foundation