Creative Director/ Communications Manager/ Marketing Director – I bring a demonstrated track record for driving revenue and customer growth through persuasive brand content across Internet, print, public relations, social media, television, telecom and radio by using my strong command of English and grammar, as well as my corporate and leadership experience.
Copy/Content Team Lead: Marketing: 11/2013 to 04/2015
Citi Cards, N.A., Card Marketing and Communications, Jacksonville, FL
• Partnering with stakeholders to oversee the creative content development of Citi Credit Card advertising, communications and E-commerce, Internet marketing projects as a project manager.
• Translate legal and corporate-speak communications (terms and conditions, card agreement, card carriers, statements, etc.) to Plain English for customers.
• Copy Team Lead for three senior copywriters on our Creative Center of Excellence (CCOE) team; leading them to develop and implement communications efforts.
• Write content guidelines for marketing copywriting and implement a Plain Language & Samples campaign for all difficult to comprehend customer-facing materials, such as Terms and Conditions, Card Agreements, emails, mobile apps and statements.
• Develop user-friendly, modularly built servicing letters for customer. Letters can be custom built and utilize a concise, plain language corporate voice and tone.
• Generate Indirect Sales for partner companies such as Apple Pay, Tabbed Out and Macy’s.\ through the management of promotional events.
• Write and deliver website content and reports for internal and external customers.
• Produce internal newsletters and the President’s external quarterly blog and email.
• Support business objectives and provide feedback, training and evaluations for my copywriting staff.
Sr. Communications Coordinator/ Journalist: 3/2009 to 11/2013
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, Journalism and Communications, Jacksonville, FL
• Work as the company’s Communications team liaison/project manager for multiple business units to create and delivery communications programs/projects intended to engage internal and external audiences.
• Manage and develop internal and external client relations through company newsletters, social media and corporate leadership interviews and video / broadcast scripting and direction.
• Steer emergency communications direction as project point-of-contact for the Board of Governors, Senior Leadership Team, IT and Core (a companywide computer system and process-enhancement project) with incident and hurricane website updates.
• Communication / Marketing team lead for $28 million computer/process upgrade system. Coordinate quarterly all-employee town hall meetings, as well as write, develop, produce and distribute Citizens’ Annual Reports.
• Write customer and insurance agent information publications and track initiatives, communication requests, projects, timelines and budgets.
Lead Marketing Copywriter: 11/2006 to 10/2008
Fidelity National Information Services, Marketing and Communications, Jacksonville, FL
• Create media relations and sales content for national and regional ads, intranet, internet, wire and trade press releases and convention/event collateral content for mortgage, real estate and banking industry trade publications.
• Produce B2B and B2C sales and national convention collateral and press releases.
• Write copy for FIS internal newsletters and Websites through Content Management System.
• Lead writer for FNIS division in a fast-paced and creative team environment —specializing in the mortgage and real estate sectors.
Senior Internet Copywriter: 4/1998 to 11/2006
Business Card Sr. Customer Service Sales Associate: 7/1992 to 4/1998
Citigroup & AT&T Universal Cards, E-Business Group, Jacksonville, FL
• Write creative for in-house agency’s Internet copy content, brand development, product-pitch materials and PowerPoint / Visio presentations.
• Branding copy lead for 95 Citi Credit Cards, as well as marketing, acquisitions and account servicing websites and Citi Card ad tracking; extensive CMS and media targeting / product placement experience. Senior content expert responsible for online writing, editing, persona development, search engine optimization and customer user-case models.
• Work as Subject Matter Expert for AT&T Business Credit Card and Calling Card products.
Communications Chief –U.S. Army Signal Corps: 1/1986 to 7/1990
U.S. Army Reserve: 7/1990 to 7/1994
Signal Corps, U.S. Army, Seattle, WA
• Supervise the installation, operation, encryption and maintenance of secure mobile radio and teletype communications
• Supervised, trained and motivated my soldiers on the Korean DMZ with the Army Corp of Engineers’ Tunnel Neutralization Team (TNT)
Bachelor of Science in Communication & Advertising: 08/1983
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Above-board interpersonal and campaign presentation skills
• Ability to handle deadlines and set priorities
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite products and a variety of content management systems
• Able to work independently and as part of a team, multitask and adapt to frequent priority changes
• Available for any amount of business travel