A results-oriented graphic designer with a collaborative working style and ability to work independently in managing priorities and meeting tight deadlines. Understands the importance of balancing creativity and innovation, with maintaining the integrity of a branding strategy. Enjoys working in a team environment and working with external clients to meet their needs.
Both Mac and PC platforms, Adobe Creative Suites, Quark XPress, Sign Lab, Microsoft Office.
MTY Group - Graphic Designer
(June 2012 to May 2015) - Richmond Hill, ON
In-house designer responsible for the design and development of collateral for 3 quick service restaurant brands.
• design all local store marketing material create and maintain menu boards for all brands
• attend and direct photoshoots
• collaberate with agencies to create print and online marketing for seasonal limited time offers
• as only in house designer, manage all design requests for Extreme Pita, Purblendz and
Upper Canada Soap - Graphic Designer
(March 2011 to June 2012) - Mississauga, ON
Responsible for the concept and design of all brand packaging, marketing collateral and presentation pieces.
• designed logos and all packaging for various product lines
• attended and direct photoshoots
• designed and laid out complete retail catalogue
• attended press approvals
• produced all sell sheets and peresentation material
Estée Lauder - Ojon - Graphic Designer
(July 2008 to July 2010) - Burlington, ON
Responsible for the design and development of in-house marketing collateral that reflected brand identity, including marketing and promotional materials such as magazine ads, product brochures, sell sheets, posters, email blasts and online promotions.
• worked closely with various departments, PR, Marketing, DRTV
• assisted with the conceptual stage of new brand website
• general website updates and promotions
• assisted in typesetting for product packaging
• designed printed material and displays for PR events
• created retail displays for brand in Sephora, Murale and Ulta
• designed and updated training manuals, consumer brochures and sell sheets
• helped to conceptualize and develop the look for new product lines through package and
Freelance - Graphic Designer
(June 2005 to Present) - Hamilton, ON
Experience involving marketing and graphic design related projects such as company branding, design of graphic material, posters, ads and invitations.
Stronco Imaging - Graphic Designer
(January 2004 to July 2008) - Mississauga, ON
Responsible for the design and development of material for Trade Shows and Events such as all large banners, entrance signs, and directional signage for The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, One of a Kind Show, The Cottage Life Show, Toronto Shoe Show and Ontario Fashion Exhibition. Important aspect of the job involved managing relationships with clients on behalf of Stronco, working with them to assess and meet their requirements. Environment was fast-paced with tight deadlines and required an ability to independently manage tasks while working collaboratively with other staff to ensure results.
• shared responsibilities for managing the department with another employee
until a permanent department manager was hired
• received the highest performance rating within the department, with 3 pay increases
in the final year of employment
• successfully re-built a client relationship (client had moved to another supplier for services)
• successfully coordinated entire shows from signage design, production and delivery
coordination within tight time constraints
• continued to maintain healthy working relationships with all employees and management
• success at meeting client needs acknowledged through many thank you cards and emails
Arrow Graphics - Graphic Designer
(October 2002 to December 2003) - Toronto, ON
Responsible for the design and development of a vast variety of graphics such as store signage, direct mail pieces, and posters for companies such as Mini, Roots, Chapters, and Amsterdam Brewery. Assisted in client meetings as well as installations.
• helped to organize the production of mobiles for Chapters
• assisted with installation of signage at The Children's Museum in Waterloo
Fanshawe College (January 2000 to August 2002)
Diploma in Graphic Design