102 – 3600 Brenner Dr. N.W., Calgary, A.B. T2L 1Y2
Phone: 403-589-5979, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
6+ year’s business administration professional with achievements supporting the business development function. Experience in social media, marketing strategic sales, and brand awareness. With a foundation in records management, research and database management.
A highly energetic, hands-on and inspiring executive assistant whose abilities in building relationships with clients, organization of calendars, bookkeeping, networking and events.
• Microsoft Access • WordPress
• Microsoft Word • ProArch
• Microsoft Excel • Project Online
• Page Maker • Adobe
• Quark Xpress • Vendata
• Researched potential clients, compiled lists of contact information, called and verified names of appropriate first point of contact for third party client.
• Finalized lists for mailing out of promotional material to potential customers on behalf of third party client.
• Researched multiple golf sponsorship fundraising opportunities; compiled lists of different opportunities. Weighed the cost benefit ratio of different sponsorship options. Summarized key components highlighting benefits, costs and opportunities to the third party client.
• Researched information regarding numerous grants to use as further funding for the marketing company. Successfully drafted a spreadsheet complete with timelines, updates and deadlines for different grant opportunities.
• Gathered and analyzed information regarding various awards to assist in promotion for the marketing company. Successfully drafted a spreadsheet complete with timelines, updates and deadlines for different grant opportunities.
• Reviewed required dental definitions, compiled terms and images for client’s online glossary. Using WordPress software added these terms and images to the client’s website.
• Created fun, engaging multi-media online quizzes for various clients.
• Managed social media (FB, Twitter, and LinkedIn) for Red Queen, MKT Communications, and WB Consulting.
• Gathered, reviewed and analyzed background information on several topics, further highlighting client’s attributes. Using this information composed blogs using relevant, timely and engaging topics.
• Reviewed and edited manager’s projects on an ongoing basis.
• Used Moodle software as a key platform to standardize Edmonton and Calgary massage college curriculum. While compiling this curriculum made it accessible to instructors.
Executive Assistant 2014 – 2015
• Managed all social media avenues (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
• Writing and Editing materials for various clients
• Provided calendar management
• Established and maintained networking relationships to help further build client base
• Secured sponsorship opportunities to increase overall presence of key clients
• Collaborated with other business professionals in Junior Calgary International to expand our clients
Corporate Record and Information Services 2008 – 2014
• Processed sensitive records for various departments’ campus wide.
• Organized files for easy accessibility and proper storage.
• Inputted data to ensure current and accurate information related to storage of archived records.
• Played a key role in the implemented a records management system for the MacPhail School of Energy.
• Collaborated with a team to create a library for Institutional Planning and Analysis resources.
• Key team member on a project that required accurate indexing and data entry for the contents of over 5,000 boxes of records.
• Did Quality Assurance and Quality Control by manually checking the printed hard copy from electronic master index against each physical file in Records Center.
• Worked with practicum students ensuring they were accurately entering data pertinent to the file and boxes they were processing.
• Created a manual helping end users to migrate records from a hard copy format to digital.
Document Controller/Practicum 2009
• In-depth knowledge of quality assurance and quality control procedures specific to filing, scanning, squad checking and transmittal of corporate documents.
• Knowledgeable in the process and procedures of vendor data.
• Completed various tasks while working within the Project Document and Data Management (PDDM) team in a timely and detail orientated manner.
Bachelor of Management/Marketing Currently Enrolled
Certificate of Achievement 2011 – 2012
Records Management 2010 – 2011
Library Information Technology 2007 - 2009
Communication Arts Diploma specializing in Print Journalism 1998 - 2000
Lethbridge Community College
Six Sigma – Yellow Belt
MS Project Level 1
MS Project Level 2
Project Management at SAIT
Business Process Management
Mustard Seed Kitchen
Cleaning stainless steel counter tops, assisting with making and serving of meals. Taking dirty dishes to the kitchen area and operating sanitization machine in dish area. Putting away dishes as they dry. Sweeping and mopping of kitchen area.
JCI (Junior Calgary International) – Director of Training
Selecting, organizing and scheduling all speakers for monthly Opportunity Nights at JCI. Promoting the four pillars of JCI Better You, Better Business, Better Community and Better Travel. Assisting in Social events to increase member engagement.
Champion for SAIT Polytechnic – Canadian Blood Services
Established relationship between student residence and Canadian Blood Services. Coordinated shuttle buses for employees to take to donate during their lunch hour. Set up promotional booths for swabs in order to get matches for stem cell donations.
Social Committee for AUPE
Plan and work with social committee team to support a variety of events held throughout the year. Support provided includes e-mailing and scheduling participants as well as set-up/tear down of venues.
SAIT President’s Gala
Managing the sign-in table by continually welcoming guests, using tablets to look up other guests sitting at assigned tables. Answering all questions regarding the Gala.
Managing gown table by having graduates sign out appropriate gown, selecting appropriate gown and settling the Graduate’s nerves before they go on stage.
SAIT Corporate Challenge 2012 - 2014
Encouraged and motivated colleagues to participate. Led the badminton team to victory while simultaneously winning the “spirit award”