Profile Professional writer/editor seeking employment as proofreader/copyreader/copywriter
Education MA English Literature, CSU Dominguez Hills, August 2005
Certificate in Rhetoric and Composition, CSU Dominguez Hills, 2003
BA Comparative Literature, University of California, Davis, September 1990
Relevant Work History
• Acquisitions Editor, J. Ellington Ashton Press. Works with an international team of writers and editors for a Dallas, Texas-based small press. Acquires and contracts material for anthologies and other publications. Proofs, copy-reads and edits manuscripts from short story collections to novels.
• The Shwibly: A Magazine of the Arts: 2008-2010.
• Power, Politics and Conflict in Organizations by Joseph Carter. Copy-editor, proof-reader (Tree Free Press, 2005).
• Seeing Lessons by Tom Sullivan. Copy-editor, proof-reader, fact-checker (Wiley, 2003).
• Relief of Tension, Depression and Anxiety by Swami Tathagatananda. Copy-editor, proof-reader, fact-checker (Vedanta Society of New York, 2007).
• Albert Einstein: His Human Side by Swami Tathagatananda. Copy-editor, proof-reader, fact-checker (Vedanta Society, 2009).
• The Clabber Girl by J.B. Brayton. Copy-editor and proof-reader.
• Professional entertainment/music journalist (Metal Maniacs, Metal Hammer, Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles, Experience Hendrix, Bloodsongs, Implosion, Hails & Horns, The Shwibly, Zero Tolerance, Juggernaut, etc.) 1994-Present.
• Author: Doctor Flesh, Bad Sunset, Bizarrely Departed, Wicked Candy.
• Poet/short story writer: The Death Jazz (The Shwibly Press 2012)
• Public Relations copywriter (various clients).