I have extensive experience providing Commercial Bid Management in an Outsourcing environment for IT Services, including support for Procurement Management, Contract Management, and Proposal Management. This includes end to end support for Contract compliance, and Sourcing Management throughout the Commercial life-cycle. My emphasis is on face to face negotiations and risk management while maintaining internal and external client satisfaction. I have managed local, virtual, and on-site teams while capturing Contractual, Business, Finance, and Legal requirements in order to direct the Sales and Proposal stages from RFX through Negotiation, Vendor Contracts, and post Contract Vendor compliance. I have strong skills in negotiation, dispute resolution, Vendor management, Compliance, and Commercial profitability Management.
Industries: IT, Telecom, Insurance, Entertainment, Finance, Banking, Healthcare, Consumer
Experience: Strong Customer and Vendor facing skills include the following:
• Commercial Bid & Risk Management, Contract Management, Executive Negotiator
• Professional driving RFX teams in developing effective business cases through the full Business life-cycle process containing complex Terms and Conditions
• Strong negotiation and presentation skills at all levels of Management (C Level) including internal and client facing.
• Contract development skills from the MSA to the relevant product specific Attachments. Proven track record of providing Bids with winning product solutions and managed risk.
• Excellent Bid tracking and reporting skills for decision making and escalations.
• Experience in delineation of responsibilities and definition of duties.
• Contract and Procurement management skills to support all commercial contracts.
• Contracted for back to back Procurement to fulfill existing Sales Contract requirements.
• Business Case development and strategy for ongoing requirements.
• Training and mentoring, driving successful outsourced activities
• Development and execution of KPI’s to measure and improve Vendor performance.
• Negotiated Outsource bids, deals, and contracts for IT, Network, and Professional services.
• Successfully managed multiple contracts, bids, and deals concurrently including IT Security.
• Managed and developed currency exchange clauses, and off-shore IT resources and contracts
• Strong emphasis on contract compliance through Legal and sub-contractors
• Reduced or eliminated SLA Risks and excessive change charges through internal efficiencies and governance of Third Party Vendors
• Effectively managed ownership in the role of liaison between:
• IT Solutions, and other Service Towers; built strategies in line with Commercial and Corporate guidelines, dispute management and resolution,
• Third Party Vendors, tracking deliverables, KPI’s
• SLA , Risk Management, Business Case, and Legal Draft management
• Effectively used project management, procurement management, and product management skills to lead and motivate teams virtually, at corporate sites, and at customer facilities.
• Gained cooperation of stake-holders to facilitate Legal to draft a contract that meets the senior management mandate of the Business Case, including reporting and escalations.
? Soul Sourcing Solutions – May 2012 to Dec 2013
Founder and President - Mission dedicated to support start-up and small businesses with Business Case Development, Cash flows, financial coaching, Marketing, Pricing, and Business modeling.
• Property Preservation – developed Business case and cash flow analysis in order to launch new business with such Customers as Chase and AMD property preservation. Supported recruiting and on site property inspections. Acted as CFO for financial operations.
• Guy Wines – Independent boutique Wine making facility produced and bottled in California.
o Developed pricing and inventory mechanisms for Wholesale and Retail Clients
o Supported the move of the crush and fulfillment facility from San Francisco to Napa, Ca.
o During this event, the crush facility went into chapter 11, and the wine stocks were at risk; secured ownership of all Guy Wine inventory at Crush Pad.
? Orange Business Services (France Telecom Group) Contract/Commercial Bid Management
May2001 to February 2012
My last 3 years at Orange were focused on Contract Management to solve for Contract compliance, meeting milestones, and renewal of at risk Outsource Contracts. This included vendor management and overall improvement in Service delivery. My experience includes Contract Management through the full Business life-cycle to drive internal and external teams to meet Contract commitments. My initial role at Orange was to build a Commercial Management Bid team for Business Development focused on finance and risk management. The team was also developed to build the Business case, execute internal escalations, and serve as executive negotiators with Clients and Vendors. As Bid lead, my deals ranged from $3M to $90M.
• Health Care
o Handled and processed steps needed for clinical trials through contract management and 90 change request amendments. Reviewed every change request for risk, SLA, and contract compliance to the contract; resulted in clinical testing for a major cardiac milestone for Sorin.
o Contract provided to the pharmaceutical company carried a 1 million euro penalty for delays in meeting a critical milestone related to clinical testing. Performed forensic delay analysis implicating delays by the pharmaceutical company, that ultimately prevented Orange from paying the penalty even though the milestone had passed the penalty due date.
o Effectively managed change control to yield an additional 2 million euro in business for Orange.
o Managed and negotiated contracts for Development Software, Tier 1, Tier 2, and SMS/M2M subcontractors in the process of solidifying the third party contracts.
Developed Strategies and Methodologies for large entertainment contract assuring continued contract compliance which prevented Orange from having to pay liquidated damages
o Resulted in client not being able to terminate a 45 million dollar contract at no associated costs to the customer
o Reduced risk of failure by creating processes and obtaining customer acceptance resulting in no liquidated damages
o Effectively streamlined costs through commercial manager by being in constant contract compliance and strategic deal formulation.
o Improved relationship on entertainment contract resulting in adding scope with higher margins and a new five year contract of approximately 90 million dollars and growing.
o In a commodity service with declining revenues proceeded to maintain margin and also added on professional services with higher margins.
o Led negotiation domestically with major insurance company that resulted in amendment to expand from 29 USA domestic sites into Europe and Asia resulting in 300 sites with IP-VPN connections throughout Europe, Asia, and The Americas.
o Worked the end to end solution for the customer that minimized SLA risk (business case carried 3% risk to the revenue and the results were less than 1%)
o Negotiated multiple contracts for various clients totaling approximately 50 million USD.
o Negotiated a 7 million USD renewal for a client who without my involvement would not have continued the business relationship.
o Negotiated renewal contract over three years for 15 million USD for MS overlay network
• Accounting and Audit
o Supported Commercial Bid development and negotiation for multiple Contract T’s and C’s
o Result – secured 5 year deal worth 75 million USD in new revenue with healthy margins
? AT&T, Bridgewater, NJ –Offer/Commercial Manager – October 1998 to May 2001
• Developed multi-million dollar Bid & pricing proposals from customer RFP using competitive information and understanding Client budgets and restraints. Additional responsibilities included management of business case development from inception through customer signature. This required thorough understanding of both internal and TPV costs. Managed the balance between TPV’s and the business case within the sales organization. Prepared escalations for management sign-off.
? MSC Industrial Supply Company, Plainview NY – Product Manager - Sept 1997 to Oct 1998
• Managed 300 vendors increasing revenue from 90 million USD to over 100 million USD in annual sales. At the same time, increased margin from 39% to 42%.
• Managed and maintained a 200 page storyboard for annual product catalog plus developed monthly and weekly brochures to optimize Sales and margin on specially negotiated purchases.
? Gesipa Specialty Fasteners USA, Trenton, NJ (German owned private company)
Plant Operations and Procurement Management - August 1992 to August 1997
• Responsible for all procurement, plant, property management, contracts, and product management for North American operations.
• Responsible for staffing and oversight of 10 employees
• Managed the Outsource transition of New Jersey manufacturing operations to Louisiana.
? Concurrent Computer Corporation – September 1988 to July 1992
• Successfully Outsourced NJ manufacturing facility to South Carolina and Mexico yielding significant cost savings.
• Managed inventory, production, and procurement staff during the outsourcing process.
? Allied Signal (currently Honeywell) – December 1983 to August 1988
• Responsible for international contracts supporting the F15 Flight Systems Division, and the F111 Test Systems Division.
Education / Other
• Master of Business Administration, Fairleigh Dickinson University NJ 1990
o Finance and Business Administration
• Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, William Paterson University 1983
o Business Administration, Economics, and Math
• IACCM – International Association for Contract and Commercial management
• APICS - American Production and Inventory Control Society (Certified)
• Editor / Chief of the Laguna Properties Newsletter (Vero Beach, Fl)
• Document Review Committee for Laguna Properties – Articles, Bylaws, and Regulations