AMY YI-WEN WANG
San Jose, CA 95126
Financial Planning and Analysis professional offering a diverse range of experience in FP&A, SOX compliance and process development and implementation, financial modeling and general accounting. Self-directed, energetic, and resourceful team leader who demands and delivers to the highest standards and takes ownership of critical deliverable. Bilingual (English and Mandarin)
CISCO SYSTEMS, INC. | San Jose, CA | 2008 – present
Sr. Financial Analyst Supply Chain (2014 – present)
• Build strong partnerships internationally with Amer Ops($28k annual budget), Country Enablement(Brazil $0.5M annual budget), BT&O(Business Technology & Operations $4M annual budget), Product Moves (ND&M $4.5M annual budget) , GMO(Global Manufacturing Operations $130.5M annual budget), GP&F(Global Planning & Fullfillment $35M annual budget).
• Manage and oversee both the financial and operational business processes to achieve overall business and company objectives. Continuously evaluated and analyzed “actual vs commit” to ensure spending and forecast is accurate for quarter end. Provided reliable OPEX reporting and built models as necessary to assist with these processes.
• Continue to develop knowledge and skills from BTOF Finance with Accruals, cross charges, budget transfers, and other accounting transactions
• Create streamlined process across Supply Chain Finance and conduct trainings for quarterly planning cycle
Financial Analyst BTOF (2012 – 2014)
• Created, streamlined, managed and improved monthly, quarterly, and annual Open PO Accrual process
• Built and maintained a strong relationship with business partners as FP&A Lead for R&AD(Research & Advanced Development), CTO(Collaboration Technology Group), DSSO (Development Solutions , Services, and Operations), NOSTG (Network Operating Systems Technology Group), University Hire program, and People Strategy teams to ensure accuracy and timely response during the month end accrual process
• Built and maintained various models to forecast Headcount, Contracted Services, and Depreciation. Constructed and maintained model for WorkForce Design used to forecast FY14/FY15 budget with multidimensional requirements.
• Designed reporting process for Engineering ACT initiatives and ensure compliance
• Improved and streamlined efficiency and productivity across all central Engineering functions by continuously maintaining an error free internal workspace. Developed and revised automation of processes and reports to dramatically improve efficiency and reduce error
• Ensured consistency and accuracy across all business partners for all communication and models developed (i.e. OPEX model, depreciation, accruals). Designed and utilized macros as needed.
• Created and maintained Cross Charge and Budget Transfer process. Worked with business partners to complete cross charges and budget transfers on a quarterly basis.
CISCO SYSTEMS, INC. … continued
SOX Specialist (2009 – 2012)
• Developed and maintained SOX 404 documentation. (Test plans, Risk and control Matrix, narratives). Managed and revamped Sox Readiness and Change Management process. Developed ad maintained strong relationships with business partners as the Sox Business Specialist (planned and performed testing of key financial controls) for FY10: PTP(Procure to Pay), QAR(Accounts Receivable), QSF(Services) , FY11: QAR, QSF & FY12: Linksys, SA, Webex
• Led Scoping and Walkthrough initiative for 30+ processes for FY11 on behalf of management and/or the external auditors. Gathered data and created reports documenting internal controls over financial reporting
• Coordinated SODRA(Segregation of Duties/Restricted Access) process and conducted quarterly trainings
Managed the planning and facilitated the timing of the financial and SOX audit with the Business Process owners and external auditors.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst (July 2008 - August 2009)
• Collaborated with Business Function ambassadors/spend owners to define sourcing requirements for targeted spend categories.
• Developed category sourcing strategy and lead a cross-functional team to execute a strategy.
• Assisted with the following BUs: IT, SA, Finance, HR, Engineering, and Sales with supplier selection and negotiation process, coordination of RFx and OLN events with Project Managers, and established efficient business strategies for Strategic Spend Management
BIOMAT USA | Los Angeles, CA | 2007 - 2008
• Maintained GL, recorded monthly adjustments, managed bank reconciliation, prepared journal entries
• Analyzed interface transaction between SAP for cash, soft goods inventory, and plasma inventory
• Handled inventory control & reconciled physical inventory and resolved related issues
• Supported donor centers with cash and operational related processes
Bachelor of Science - Mathematics/Economics with Specialization in Computing
University of California, Los Angeles | Los Angeles, CA | 2007
Microsoft Office, Visual Studio, SAP, Prosource, Oracle, Hyperion Essbase, Business Objects(Business Intelligence), Longview(PlanIt)