Larry A. Harker Resume
Telephone: (503) 586-3140 2244 Deerwind Ave NW
Email:LarryAHarker@gmail.com Salem, OR 97304
Experience since 1978 in business management, specializing in Information Systems Management and Project Management. Information Systems experience includes department management, strategic planning, budget responsibility, system design, development and implementation. Extensive experience in the software development life cycle and all areas of project life cycle. For the past 33 years, the positions I have held have been focused on high levels of customer service, ability to utilize creative thinking to resolve difficult and complex issues while being results driven.
Major career accomplishments and activities include:
Association of Oregon Counties, Salem, Oregon – April 1994 to Present
Integrated Road Information Systems Manager
• Manage software development department for AOC that is responsible for providing custom software solutions to the 36 Oregon Counties.
• Manage software development team developing world-class software utilizing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and VB.NET 2010.
• Currently responsible for design, development and support of a software system including road inventory, cost accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, maintenance management, pavement management, service request, document management, equipment management and geographical information system viewer for the 36 Oregon Counties.
• Project Manager for multi-agency/multi-state joint development
• Responsible for end-user training for all 36 Oregon Counties.
• Responsible for the Local Government Center’s Computer System. System includes 18 Windows NT servers running as clients on VMware 4.1
• Implemented and manage telephone system.
• Implemented and manage Polycom video conferencing system including Bridge and CMA Desktop.
• Manage Professional Staff of 8 and Budget of $1.2M.
Data Technology, Inc., Salem, OR – April 1991 to April 1994
Owner and Consultant
• Provide custom software design and development services.
• Provide network system engineering services (Certified Novell Engineer).
• Designed and developed office automation system to schedule and allocate resources for medical consultations, manage and coordinate production of reports, and integrated system with accounts receivable and payable program.
• Analyze management and production requirements of a broad spectrum of private and public sector establishments; design and install system configurations including hardware, Local Area Networks, proprietary and custom designed software to meet specific needs.
• Provide training classes in Microsoft FoxPro software.
Western Medical Consultants, Inc., Portland, Oregon – September 1990 – April 1991
Software Development Manager
• Co-inventor of MediCore©, a patented software system to audit bills for workers' compensation medical services.
• Designed and managed in-house computer hardware and software systems, including two Novell Local Area Networks; provided custom programming solution for business requirements.
Siltec Corporation, Salem, Oregon – May 1982 – Sept 1990
Manager, Production Planning and Management Information Systems
• Managed MIS department with responsibilities for manufacturing information systems.
• Designed and developed $3M enhancement plan for VAX based CAMS system.
• Project Manager for original implementation of CAMS in a new facility.
• Managed Production Control department for manufacturing facility with $ 80M Sales.
• Planned and allocated production capacity valued at $80M annually.
• Managed inventory valued at $6.5M. Achieved inventory reduction in excess of 200%, while production and sales increased from $40M to $80M annually.
• Developed policies and procedures that achieved on-time delivery goals of 98%.
• Managed staff of 42 (including MIS and Production Control).
CERTIFICATIONS Certified Novell Engineer (CNE 4.0)
Microsoft Certified Professional in:
Windows NT 4.0
Windows NT Server 4.0
Oregon Project Management Associate Certification
PROFESSIONAL 2nd VP for Oregon Association of Government Information Technology Managers
ASSOCIATIONS Institute for Network Professionals (INP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Network Professional Association (NPA)
PROFESSIONAL Windows Server 2008 Installation and Configuration
TRAINING Windows Server 2008 Troubleshooting
Windows Server 2008 IIS 7.0
VMware 4.1 Installation and Configuration
VMware 4.1 Storage Management
Oregon Certified Project Manager Program
Luke Center - Pacific Leadership Program
PROGRAMMING MS Visual Studio, VB.NET, ASP.NET
DATABASES MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS FoxPro,
DEVELOPMENT MS Visual Studio, MS SourceSafe, MS Internet Information Server
SOFTWARE MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio
EXPERIENCE Advanced dBase Programming Instructor, Chemeketa Community College
EDUCATION Boise State University. B.B.A., 1978. Major in Business Management with Dean's List recognition.