The jobs that I have maintained over the past four years all required Spanish to English translation.
Below is my resume:
• Through employment and volunteer experience, have developed strong interpersonal and professional skills in social justice and nonprofit services.
• Tasks have included community organizing and relationship building, legal casework, and related administrative and educational tasks.
• Desired employment with an innovative organization that will enable continuing education in community organizing and how to affect positive change.
• Ability to work in diverse communities
• Desire to learn and be challenged
• Written and spoken communication in both English and Spanish
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Knowledgeable in social media platforms
• Organized, detail oriented, creative, passionate, adaptive
10/14-present Legal Assistant—Ponce Law Firm, P.C., Austin, TX: Work on client casework under the supervision of attorneys; gather, organize and compile supporting documents for applications and petitions; interview clients to prepare affidavits in support of applications; monitor and manage pending cases
08/14-10/14 Canvassar—Clean Water Action, Austin, TX: Advocate for public health and safe water for all. Worked alongside a canvassing team to educate the community on current environmental issues and empowered citizens to be champions of change to reduce pollution and call on our politicians to ensure water is important to our future.
2013-14 Workers Rights Organizer Volunteer—Jesuit Volunteer Corp, Austin, TX: Assisted Legal Director, organized worker members to become leaders in the organization, won unpaid wages for low-income workers, supervised interns, created trainings on legal processes, built relationships with local enforcement agencies.
6/13 Spanish and Voluntary Work Program, Wiracocha Spanish School, Cusco, Peru
12/12 B.A., International Studies and Anthropology with minor in Spanish, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO, GPA: 3.0
5/11 European Study Abroad Program, Saint Louis University, Madrid, Spain
5/10 Field Research Program, La Suerte Biological Field Station, Límon, Costa Rica
• Community garden organizer, 5604 Manor community garden, Austin, TX
• Volunteer caseworker, Workers Defense Project, Austin, TX
• Campaign volunteer, Greg Casar Campaign for City Council, Austin, TX
• Organizer and creator of advocacy and sustainability blog, St. Louis, MO
• Latin American event coordinator, St. Louis, MO
• References available Willing to work nights and weekends