Business Analyst / ERP Analyst / Process Analyst /DW Analyst / Inventory Analyst / Technical Writer / IT Trainer / Crystal Report Writer / Management Accountant / Programmer / Data Migration Analyst / Software Tester / IT Project Manager / Change Management Facilitator / System Administrator / IT Security Coordinator
28 years of IT corporate experience covering an array of accounting based IT roles in FMCG manufacturing, finance and Mining(warehousing, logistics, maintenance planning) and banking.
ITIL – Use of ITIL like processes for business analysis.
Six Sigma – Application of methodical processes for problem solving and decision making.
UML – database schemas, process flows.
ERP Analyst – Experience with ERP software packages and understanding of benefits of an ERP solution.
Process Analyst – Recent and relevant experience.
DW Analyst – Experience with developing and implementing DW solutions.
Inventory Analyst – Experience with Warehousing, Inventory Analysis, Logistics and Asset Maintenance.
Mainpac V6 and 2011 – Deep operational knowledge as well knowledge of database tables for report writing in both version. Experience in migration from V6 to 2011.
MS Excel – Advanced User.
MS Visio – Analyse and document as-is and to-be processes.
MS PowerPoint – Create dashboards, summary reports.
MS word and Paint – Used for project documentation and training manuals.
Crystal Reports – Advanced user. Report style is to use in conjunction with MS Excel to create management accounting reports.
JD Edwards – Built AP AR interfaces to JDE financials.
Management Accounting – Perform complex financial reconciliations over large volumes of data.
Programming experience in BASIC, COBOL, SYNON, C++
SQL – Execution of complex inquiry select statements using SQL Server Management Studio.
Data Migration Analyst - Perform Extract, Transformation and Loading of data.
Software Tester – Perform full regression testing and unit testing of software.
IT Project Management – Experience in the full SDLC.
Change Management – Intimate understating of processes for managing IT related changes.
System Administrator – Administer systems for software upgrades and system access on WINDOWS, AS400 and UNIX.
Security – Functional role in a globally secure network.
March 2012 to February 2015
Kinross Tasiast IT contractor (IT Trainer)
• Lead, inspire and motivate local workers during the execution of training processes in order to maximize their operational effectiveness.
• Co-Project manage the successful upgrade of client/server maintenance software package to a web based version.
• Develop, implement and measure a training program for work order management business process optimization.
• Utilize advanced features of MS Excel to improve information processing, task execution and reporting.
• Review, extract and data cleanse from soft copies of Asset documentation for spares parts to create an Equipment Parts relationship listing.
• Review InfoChip system for component tracking for implementation with documentation.
• Develop and implement a document management GUI using VB Visual Studio 2012 to reduce time wasted in the serendipitous searches for relevant information.
May 2011 to March 2012
IBM IT contractor (Technical Writer)
• Prepare power point presentations summarizing dashboard metrics.
• Interview banking SME’s with respect to current service management activities and review documentation to support activities.
• Process analysis of banking SME service management processes. Present workshop findings using Visio and Word.
• Documentation Analysis of Resource Billing Unit Processes and modification of documentation for global delivery.
Melbourne, VIC ( May 2008-May 2011)
Self employed IT contractor to African Mining Industry using Mainpac V6 software
• Project Manage software implementations for re-engineered processes and data migrations.
• Motivate and inspire end users to reduce data entry errors, increase utilization of software with training on software search tools and improved reporting.
• Crystal Report writing for a Mainpac database used to manage Warehousing, Inventory Analysis, Logistics and Asset Maintenance.
• Create and implement a Data Warehouse and reporting for complex financial reconciliation purposes.
• Implement Change Management Processes.
• Process improvements for month end processing, Logistics and Warehousing.
• Provide Business Analysis for Mining, Warehousing, Manufacturing.
• Provide complete documentation and training for various levels of end users.
Cargill Beef Australia is one of many business units of Cargill Inc. as an international provider of food, agricultural and risk management products and services. Cargill Beef Australia was manufacturer of beef products.
Senior IT Business Analyst, Wagga Wagga, NSW (May 2000-May 2008)
Skills: Project Management, Business Analysis, Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Data analysis, Programming, Technical Writing, Change & Issue Management, Software testing and implementation, Crystal Report Writing, User support and training, Information protection support, TCPIP testing, Data backup and recovery, PC Hardware, printers and photocopier support.
• Project Manager for initial implementation and subsequent upgrades for an ERP system with interfaces to AQIS, JD Edwards financials and plant systems.
• Administer and support Mainpac (warehouse and logistics) application inclusive of crystal report writing and development of a/p interfaces to JD Edwards financials.
• Solve problems in the context of process improvement requiring creativity and latitude with reference to established precedents and policies.
• Develop and Support Access applications to support payroll functions outside of the Micropay software.
• Apply specific IT knowledge and provide complex business analysis.
• Team member/leader of projects of process improvement and process re-engineering in the context of the SDLC methodology.
• Provide key liaison functions to bridge the gap between end users and software vendors.
• Liaison for Information Protection in a globally secure environment.
• Assist accounting team with budgeting process.
• Assist Sales team with forecast reporting.
• Test and implement software upgrades.
• End user training in the form of manuals and coaching.
• Document processes, procedures, change requests and test plans using ITIL based methods.
• Perform Crystal Report writing and C++ programming for relational databases.
Holden Finance (EDS) - EDS delivers a broad portfolio of information technology and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, communications, energy, transportation, and consumer and retail industries and to governments around the world.
IT Analyst, Melbourne, VIC (Feb 1998 – May 2000)
Skills: Programming and debugging, Problem Solving, Data analysis, Technical Writing, Change & Issue Management, User support, Data backup.
• Provide SYNON programming support for an Auto Finance/Leasing system operating on an AS400 server in the context of the strict practices and procedures of a SDLC methodology.
• Correction of data in AS400 DB2 database after performing extensive analysis and preparation required for the correction
• Provide administration support for a Global Credit Scoring Application (i.e. User access and network failures for interface to Credit Reference Association of Australia (CRAA).
Murray Goulburn is the largest co-operative dairy company in Australia with a FMCG distribution domestically and globally.
Systems Analyst, Melbourne, VIC (July 1996 – Feb 1998)
Skills: Programming and debugging, Problem Solving, Data analysis, Technical Writing, User support.
• Provide Problem analysis of End User issues and provide technical support for resolutions. Programming in Cobol in a UNIX environment.
• Complete Implementation of ATO interface from Milk Producer Shares System. Design, develop and implement LIMS Quality Assurance Interface.
Alberta Hog Marketing Board - was organized in 1969 as a self-sustaining, not-for-profit hog producer hog marketing board controlled and directed by a producer Board of Directors who is elected by fellow pork producers.
Computer Operator/Programmer, Canada (April 1990- May 1996)
Skills: Data Processing operation support, Programming and debugging, Problem Solving, Data analysis, Technical Writing, PC hardware User support, data backup and recovery.
• Consistently provide a high quality of service for the daily complex reconciliation of producer receipts to Plant **** data to the end result of producing producer cheques and an EFT transfer.
• Programming in DBASE IV for the continual process improvement of analysing and cleaning **** data.
• Use SQL to construct and maintain relational databases.
• Unix systems support
Fletchers Fine Foods is a pork abattoir producing primal cuts and case ready FMCG’s.
Part-time Programmer/Analyst, Canada (May 1993- May 1996)
Skills: Programming and debugging, Problem Solving, Data analysis, Technical Writing.
• Rewrite software for merging of **** data from plant system.
• Implementation of Quality Assurance system to provide viscera feedback to pork producers.
TSUGA Forestry Contractors provides reforestation contracting and forest fire fighting services in Western Canada.
Accountant/Programmer, Canada (Mar 1986- Mar 1990)
Skills: Accounts Payable and G/L support, Programming and debugging, Problem Solving, Data analysis, Technical Writing, data backup and recovery.
• Preparation of a/p and g/l entries to the point of preparing the balance sheet and income statement. Run the payroll application and interface payroll g/l data with accounting software. Perform Complex Reconciliations of Cash handed out in field for wage and advances, expense and inter-crew transfers.
• Design, develop and implement a payroll dbase IV software module with a G/L interface to accounting software.
• Use SQL to construct and maintain relational databases.
Computer Programming and Systems Diploma (Honours), DeVry Institute of Technology (Calgary, Canada)
1986 Dbase Programming I & 11
1991 Commercial Law
1992 Management Accounting
1997 Manufacturing Traineeship – Level 2
1998 SYNON Design to Construction I & II
2004 Managing Conflict Effectively
2005 Microsoft Visio 2002 (Basics and Beyond)
2006 Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving and Decision Making
2006 Microsoft Excel XP (Intermediate)
2007 Time Management
2008 VIC Course in Construction (OH&S Induction)
2009 Level 2 First Aid
2009 Certificate II in Transport and Logistics (Warehouse & Storage)
2010 OHS Manual Handling and Hazardous Goods Handling
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
• Handyman – repairing anything I can.
• Keeping Fit
• Sudoku Puzzles
• Gardening labouring