Home Address Unit 1/1 Bletchington Street, Orange, NSW2800
Phone: (02) 63617782
• Solutions-driven programmer with a ten-year track record of commended performance in modular and object-oriented programming. Well-versed in all phases of the software development lifecycle, with a strong working knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Proven success engineering customized solutions improving business processes, operations and profitability.
• Skilled data scientist/researcher with exemplary performance in statistical analysis and data interpretation. Experienced in advanced statistical modelling techniques and methodologies with the knowledge of descriptive statistics, inference theory, time series analysis, correlation/regression analysis, analysis of variance/experimental design, sampling, and stochastic modelling. Knowledge of undertaking quantitative analysis of large datasets, including extracting, interrogating and analyzing data, verifying results and identifying issues, and effective presentation and visualization of data
Seeking the Position of Computer Programmer: A highly talented Computer Scientist with Strong background in computer programming - write, test, and maintain programs or software that tell the computer what to do. Convert project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to detailed logical flow charts for coding into computer language. As well as develop and write computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information
TECHNOLOGY YEARS EXPERIENCE SELF RATING
C,C++,JAVA,VB 10 4
UNIX, LINUX, WINDOWS, DOS 5 4
SQL 5 4
HTML/XHTML 3 3
CSS 1 3
PHP 1 3
*Rating 4 = Guru, 1 = Basic Commercial Experience
November Sep 2010 – Feb 2014
Organisation Grace Records Management/Advanced Documents System
Role Title Imaging Operator/Developer
The role was to develop and maintain document data base of scanned documents. The aim of the project was to ease the retrieval of scanned document of government files.
• Define system/user requirements to design, develop, document, test and implement data models, database architecture and DBMS/BI solutions,
• Developed new and customized existing databases using a variety of technologies, languages and programming tools, Participated in database design and architecture,
• Worked on team and individual development projects to deliver secure, robust and scalable DBMS/BI solutions that helped improve efficiency, information security, data integrity and customer satisfaction
• Ensured data quality and integrity in databases by data checking, data validation and verification, Performed data back-up and archival on regular basis
• Created complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development
• Learned to model databases, build databases, and use SQL for data extraction –Ensured data quality and integrity in databases and application development
• Learned to identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
• Learned to perform data back-up and archival on regular basis, Tested databases and performed bug fixes. Fixed database related issues in a timely fashion.
Tools Used: MySQL and MSSQL, Excel, Access, VB. C#
November 2006 – November 2008
Organisation Agricultural Research Institute – Department of Primary Industries
Role Title Statistical Software Engineer
The role was to redevelop, maintain, and support ASREML statistical package. The aim of the project was to improve the usability and maintenance of ASREML.
• Investigated ASREML system, Created requirements for a new tool, Conducted meetings and demonstrations of possible solutions, Created proposal for recommended course of action, Configured and administered ASREML system after decisions were made.
• Created applications for migrating data between ASREML system and Excel sheets/Access database.
• Undertook quantitative analysis of large datasets, including extracting, interrogating and analyzing data, verifying results and identifying issues, and effective presentation and visualization of data
• Tested new software releases for ASREML. Designed and executed test procedures, reported incidents for ASREML
• Organized meetings of project members, developers and QA team members for each original test procedure.
• Learned to analyse data, build and test new routines, and develop Web library of ASREML routines
• Designed and developed technical solutions based on functional specifications.
Developed user documents for internal and external clients
• Developed organisational skills with an ability to manage short and long-term projects and work tasks within time constraints
• Learned to work independently and in a group setting.
November Aug 1999 – July 2004
Organisation Department of Computer Science, University of Wollongong / Motorola Research Centre
Role Title Research Software Engineer
Role was to investigate encryption within JPEG compression and watermarking for image authentication schemes. The aim of the project was to study, improve, and invent schemes for encryption within JPEG compression and watermarking for image authentication.
• Investigated several image watermarking and authentication systems, created requirements for new tools, Conducted meetings and demonstrations of possible improvements and solutions, Created proposal for recommended course of action, Configured and administered the new systems after decisions were made.
• Created systems for image encryption within compression (JPEG/Adaptive Huffman Coding /Arithmetic Coding), Investigated requirements for possible security vulnerabilities, Demonstrated possible improvements.
• Tested new software releases for image authentication and watermarking /image compression and encryption, Designed and executed test procedures, Reported incidents for the systems.
• Organized meetings of project members, developers and QA team members for each proposed system. Learned to work independently and in a group setting.
• Learned research skills - define tasks, locate information , find resources, organize reports, present ideas, and evaluate work
• Became proficient in algorithm development and analysis, Object Oriented Programming - C++/C, Worked on operating systems - Linux, Shell scripting, Used Maple/MathLab for complex calculations
• Improved writing skills – to efficiently produce concise, organized reports, and memos
Tools Used: C++/C, Linux, Windows, Maple/MathLab
August 1999 – July 2004
Organisation University of Wollongong, Wollongong
January 1999 – August 1999
Organisation Monash University, Gippsland
January 1995 – February 1997
Organisation Wairarapa Community Polytechnic, Masterton
June 1993 – December 1994
Organisation Institute of Technological Studies, Colombo
Role Title Instructor - Software Design
The role was to involve in tutoring activity to tertiary level students in Computer Science. The aim of the role was to improve the knowledge and learning level of students in key Computer Science areas by conducting lectures, lab activities, tutorials, and examinations.
• Conducted tutoring activity for undergraduate students in Computer Science, Organized computer labs to demonstrate solutions for computer software problems. Evaluated student performance, conducting exams, and related tutorials activities. Involved in online teaching and support of students in Software Design and Operating System subjects.
• Coordinated courses by arranging tutors and classes, and assigning subjects and classrooms. Learned valuable interpersonal and communication skills by collaborating with students and teachers within IT fields.
• Learned to collaborate with students, fellow staffs, management, and industry
• Developed high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
• Improved written and oral skills in the presentation of educational materials
Tools Used: VB, Pascal, Windows, Dos, Excel, Word, Access
• August 1999 - July 2004
University of Wollongong – Wollongong
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Statistics
Over 7 published papers
• August 1987-March 1993
University of Bergen – Bergen
M.Phil./B.S in Computer Science, Mathematics, and Statistics
GPA: 1.9 Thesis and 1.2 Theory
• January 2008 - September 2010
OTEN, TAFE – NSW
Certificate IV in Database Administration and Support
• July 1986 - August 1987
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants – Stage 1 - London Average – Distinction/Credit
• University of Jaffna – Jaffna
B.Sc. in Pure Mathematics, Statistics, and Economics
Average – Distinction/Credit/Pass December 1985 – January 1982
• Mathematics prize in N.C.G.E at St Peter's College
• Class prize in Advanced level at Royal College
• Mahapola Higher Educational Merit Scholarship
• Grant from the State Educational Fund
• Australian Postgraduate Award(I)
• Associate member of Institute of Statistics
• Graduate member of British Computer Society