Technical Writing Experience
KUTIR CORPORATION INC. NEWARK, CA 08/2014-present
Authoring new “”grassroots” online help files for software development project describing Field Service administration, operation, technician mapping and tracking, and workorder management. This customizable SaaS project is built for Field Service administrators, dispatchers, and technicians, and is designed to be used with mobile phones and tablets. Currently, working remotely with developers in India and staff in San Francisco area to complete project.
DEPUY SYNTHES INC WEST CHESTER, PA. (Intuitive) 08/2014-12/2014
Developed work instructions and electronic forms for DePuySynthes Purchasing Department. Additionally, tasked with technical documentation, Visio workflows, and test scripts to support electronic form development for medical device manufacturer.
• Built Electronic Order Request Form in Microsoft InfoPath Designer and Sharepoint Designer to serve entire DePuySynthes Purchase Order system.
• Wrote Test Scripts to test and validate Request Form submittals.
PFIZER, INC. COLLEGEVILLE, PA (Atlas Data Systems) 05/2014-08/2014
Provided project management/business analysis to transformational effort to improve processes, methodologies, and metrics of Latin American Service Desks in 18 countries..
• Managed LATAM Service Desk software projects to automate security approval functions.
• Worked to define self-service knowledge base articles for company employees to use as option instead of Service Desk agents.
AMERICAN WATER CORPORATION, VOORHEES, NJ (H.L Yoh) 03/2012-12/2013 Wrote numerous plans, procedures, reports, and business analysis documents to support the Client Services department of American Water Information Technology.
• Authored Operations and Support Plans for 15 new software applications, to define company’s plan in the event of a major escalation due to a loss of service.
• Wrote Asset Management Plan, defining complete lifecycle processes of typical IT equipment purchases to locate gaps in system.
MERCK MILLAPORE , GIBBSBORO, NJ (Phoenix Partners) 10/2011-03/2012
Researched, edited, and formatted chemical data packages for transition of Gibbsboro, NJ chemical facility to Billerica, Massachusetts. Worked with third-party chemical manufacturers to obtain information.
• Condensed vendor abstracts on chemicals for indexed listings in database
UNITED STATES COLD STORAGE, VOORHEES, NJ (Freelance) 09/2011 – 10/2011
Formatted and defined template and styles for RFP document for Cold Storage Company.
• Edited, revised, and compiled 250 software technical specification documents into one client Request for Proposal document for vendor competitive bidding.
Continued on Page 2
Edward H. Doneson Resume Page 2
SAVANA, INC., BERWYN, PA (thru Zenmonics) 08/2010 –08/2011
Authored core client SaaS software application user manuals, administrator guides, and release notes for business process automation Solutions Company.
• Wrote Desktop Integrator user and administrator manuals to train financial and insurance customer base on setting up their own rules and actions within system.
ALTRIA, INC., LIMERICK, PA (thru PeopleShare) 09/2009 – 04/2010
Wrote safety documentation for two John Middleton Company cigar manufacturing facilities in Limerick, Pa and King of Prussia Pa, through Altria’s Environmental and Safety Department.
• Researched and prepared 270 OSHA lockout safety sheets for regulatory compliance.
CARDIONET, INC., CHESTER, PA (thru PeopleShare) 01/2009 – 06/2009
Generated 60 internal organizational work instructions for training and quality assurance purposes at CardioNet’s company’s cardiac monitoring distribution center.
• The work instructions development helped company meet their goals of achieving, ISO 9001 and FDA certification within a 6-month timeframe.
PHILADELPHA GAS WORKS, PHILA, PA (thru MPower) 09/2008 – 11/2008
Wrote.NET based Design/Technical Specification as baseline document for development of risk-based collections application at the Information Systems department of the municipal utility.
CHECKPOINT SYSTEMS, INC.,THOROFARE, NJ (thru Bear Staffing) 03/2008 – 07/2008
Researched, wrote, and prepared “flagship” field service system manuals to support new product installations for major global retail theft detection RF systems manufacturer.
• Wrote Theory of Operation and System Tuning Guides to support field service manuals.
• Generated interim releases which received FCC, CE, and UL product approvals.
GLAXO SMITH-KLINE, INC., PHILA, PA (thru Alphanumeric Staffing) 06/2007 –12/2007
Developed both requirements and project documentation for internal software development team working on SaaS global security infrastructure project, to support remote service team in Stevenage, England.
• Wrote Technical Specification document for Anomalous Event Reporting System.
PROBARIS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. PHILA, PA (thru Teksystems,Inc.) 02/2007– 06/2007
Authored two online help packages and revised three others for a software development company in center-city Philadelphia.
• Wrote and prepared original 120 screen online help package for biometric scan (fingerprint/retinal) federal employee enrollment system.
THE VANGUARD GROUP, INC.MALVERN, PA (thru The Adagio Group) 06/2005 – 01/2007
Lead Writer on writing team of 16 generating “best practice” business procedures at Vanguard’s Institutional Retirement Plan Services Division.
• Developed over 40 work instructions documents for Vanguard’s Tax Reporting and Fund Reconciliation departments.
PURICORE, INC KING OF PRUSSIA, PA (thru Kelly Engineering ) 09/2003 – 04/2005
Wrote and prepared installation, operation, and service manuals for three types of sanitizer generators at a clean technology company, focused on proprietary products that safely **** contagious pathogens.
• Wrote dental sanitizer brochure that helped venture capital group invest in product line.
Access, Acrobat, , C++ ,Captivate, Citrix, Click Mobile, Click Schedule, Demo Builder, Dreamweaver, Excel, FrameMaker, FrontPage, , HTML InDesign, Infopath, IPF (OS/2) IT Optimizer (NAVVIA) ,Lotus Notes, Mind Manager, NET, Master Control, Paint Shop Pro, PERL, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Project, One Note, Oracle, REMEDY, Right Answers, RoboHelp, SAP. SaaS, Single Sign-On, SGML, SharePoint, SharePoint Developer ,Visual Source Safe, VPN Client, SnagIt, SQL, Visio, Visual Studio, Wiki, Word.
Temple University B.A in Journalism
Spring Garden College Technical Writing and Editing Graduate Program