SCOTT I. ZATZKIS
6882 W Ida Dr. #412
Littleton, CO 80123
January 8, 2015
OBJECTIVES: Louisiana civil defense and family litigation attorney with 12 years’ experience searching for legal, paralegal, business management and administrative work.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Legal and Complex Database & Internet Research, Development of Ideas, and Document Drafting · Negotiating Settlements and Resolutions · Presentations on Technical Subjects · Proficiency with all MS Office Programs, including Excel and Powerpoint · Developing Problem-Solving Strategies for Businesses such as Drafting Operating Agreements and Employee Manuals · Exceptional Communication with A-Level Personnel. Other job titles include: Website Content Management · Teaching English to Businesspersons · Marketing Copywriter · Technical Writer · Negotiator · Adviser · Manager · Customer Service · Creative Writer · Multimedia Editor · Human Resources Counselor · Operations Analyst · Agent · Executive Assistant.
THE WINDOW SHOPPE, Englewood, Colorado • April 2014-January 2015
Small interior design boutique.
Provided bookkeeping, administrative, sales and marketing services, including Quickbooks, website management, payroll, and advertising.
• Worked closely with owner in developing business strategies, including preparing business plan to obtain financing.
• Created online webstore.
• Became certified Hunter Douglas window blind salesperson.
SCOTT ZATZKIS, LLC, Bossier City, Louisiana/ Littleton, Colorado • 2004-April 2009; March 2011-April 2014
Independent law practice offering multidiscipline legal services to business and individual clientéle.
Provided expert legal advice across a broad range of practice areas, including business law, civil litigation, real estate, wills and trusts, discovery management, estate planning, and family law.
• Launched new firm and generated substantial business with minimal advertising investments by deploying online marketing strategy, partnering with established legal plans, and building extensive network of contacts in local legal community.
• Consistently won favorable outcomes in both trials and settlement negotiations by aggressively pursuing desired results with strong emphasis on clients’ objectives.
• Produced technical medical Powerpoint presentation and developed LLC website.
• Worked for Hudson Legal on large document review project. Resume
BEST KOEPPEL TRAYLOR, New Orleans, Louisiana • May 2009-March 2011
Well-established mid-size law firm specializing in all aspects of insurance defense civil litigation.
Senior Associate Attorney
Responsible for all aspects of client representation for insurance defense practice, including intake, research and development, litigation, reporting, settlement and compliance with corporate policies.
• Billed 180 hours per month for over one continuous year.
• Developed relationships with adjusters, especially while negotiating settlements to cases, some in excess of one million dollars.
• Independently developed hourly client base through marketing initiatives in family, bankruptcy and personal injury matters.
ZATZKIS, MCCARTHY & ASSOCIATES, New Orleans, Louisiana • 2000-2004
General litigation firm with 5 attorneys specializing in family, business and personal injury law.
Conducted extensive legal research for complex state and federal litigation matters as junior associate. First chair hearings on divorce and other smaller state court matters.
• Specialized in family law, medical malpractice, and Federal Title VII law through extensive research on large, active cases in those fields.
• Worked with office manager in managing website and contractor interaction ensuring highly functional office environment.
• Achieved excellent results for assigned clients in family and business law matters including successful Court resolution of issues.
• TEFL certificate ITTO online – April 2012
• Juris Doctor (JD)- 1999 Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
• Bachelor of Arts, English (BA)- 1990 Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
• English - maternal language
• French - intermediate
• Spanish - intermediate
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & CERTIFICATIONS
• Louisiana State Bar Association Bar No. 27703
• Admitted to U.S. District Courts for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Louisiana
• Admitted to the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, State of Louisiana
• MBA Coursework, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, Michigan
• TEFL Certification
• Federal Bar Association
• American Health Lawyers Association Page 2 of 2