MANISH KUMAR RAI
A competent Journalist and researcher with a reporting experience in war, conflict, and geo-political news. To seek challenging assignment and responsibility in journalism with an opportunity for growth and career advancement as successful achievements.
Results-driven and passionate Journalist with six plus years of experience and demonstrated success in the field of Journalism, research, and academics. Proven ability to lead and motivate the team with high accuracy and productivity, consistently meeting critical targets while maintaining high degree of professional ethics.
Summary of Work Experience
• June 30, 2013 till date
Working with Views Around (VA) (www.viewsaround.com)
Role: Working as Editor of geo-political news agency and columnist for Middle East and Af-Pak region.
• December 2013 to July 2014
Staff Member, Faculty of Finance, Asian Business School (www.abs.edu.in), New Delhi, India
Role: Teaching both undergraduate and post-graduate students a number of subjects including Financial Management, Accounting for Managers, Merger and Acquisition, Capital Management and International Financial Management.
• April 2008 to December 2013
Research Associate (Grade II), Capital Market Transaction, Standard & Poor (S&P) Capital IQ
Starting as a Probationary Officer, I worked on tracking private placement funding transactions. On being promoted to a Grade I position, my work involved tracking private placement transactions and sourcing relevant information about the private placement transactions. At the time of leaving S&P, I was in a Grade II level undertaking more complex analysis including doing quality analysis of other researchers.
• Suggested the company about Google sourcing alerts for getting articles thereby reducing the time of research
• Suggested QA reports should be run equally for all the process within the team.
• 2008- Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management (2 year program in Finance & Marketing equivalent to MBA) from Jagan Institute of Management Studies (www.jimsindia.org ) New Delhi- INDIA
• 2005-B.Com.(Honours-Course) from Shyam Lal College (http://www.shyamlal.du.ac.in) Delhi University, New Delhi- INDIA
• 2002-Year-12 Certificate from Greenfields Public School( http://www.greenfieldspublicschool.com), Central Board of Secondary Education, NewDelhi-INDIA
Conversant with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Internet Applications
Feature Writing, Columns/Op Ed Pieces, Proofreading/ Editing, Research & Fact-Checking and News Writing.
Other Projects Working on
Columnist for Middle East and Af-Pak region for various newspapers including- The Frontier Post, Outlook Afghanistan, Afghanistan Times, Kashmir Times, Gulf Daily News and Rising Kashmir.
Special Achievements and Awards
• Covered the Afghanistan Presidential election in July, 2014 in Kabul on an assignment.
• Took the interview of Ex-Foreign Minister of Taliban Mr. Wakeel Ahmad Muttawakeel (http://www.khaama.com/ex-taliban-foreign-minister-prepare-to-mediate-peace-talks-in-afghanistan-6181)
• Interview of Afghanistan Deputy Chief of the Mission Mr. M. Ashraf Haidari (http://www.indepthnews.info/index.php/global-issues/1749-afghanistan-ensuring-security-through-regional-cooperation)
• Got letter of Appreciation from Syrian Ambassador to India Dr Riad Kamel Abbas for columns on Syrian refugees.
Driving License: Hold international driving license
Other Languages: English, Hindi and Sanskrit
Will be provided on request.