Art Director/ Graphic Designer/ Marketing
Education & Training
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design, May 2006
Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, Arkansas
Marketing & Graphic Design, Halsey Media, Jonesboro AR, Currently
Create and implement marketing products and strategies for Halsey Enterprises and
all sibling companies. Job duties range from billboard design to complete marketing
packages research and design for real estate, radio and billboard.
Senior Art Director, TRUE visionary marketing, Jonesboro AR, 2007-2010
Directs creative products at the agency and strives for excellence in everything from concept to completion of every project on schedule. Works closely with Account Services to solve marketing problems through smart, well-designed advertising and collateral materials that help sell product, and maintain good image for clients and agency. Works with the Creative/Production Department (ADs, Copywriters, Production Artists, etc.). Attends creative input meetings to develop creative strategies and implements all creative requirements including copy, layout, illustrations, final art and photography. Oversees creative solutions and presents those to AM for internal approval at a date determined in the initial creative input meeting. Directs comp work to assure on schedule delivery for client review. Is called on request of
AM, or by his/her own request, to “sell” creative at client presentations. In concert with Production Manager, selects vendors for jobs and is involved along with the creative team
in signing off final art, color proofs, bluelines, press proofs, etc. Supervises full time Art Directors. Has oversight on selection and management of all freelance services.
Represents the agency at creative/professional/civic functions.
Graphic Designer, Harpole Phillips; Northeast Arkansas
Business Today, Capitol Billboards, Jonesboro AR, 2006-2008
In charge of design and layout of business paper, advertisement, and website
design. Various agency work including billboards, advertisements, logos,
magazines, newsletters, and some motion graphics.
Gold, Silver and Bronze Addy Awards 2009, 2010 & 2011
Juried ADC Design Show 2004, 2005 & 2006
Tri-State Push Conference Winner 2005
United Way Logo Competition Winner 2008
• Highly self-motivated and a goal oriented problem solver
• Professionally committed and strong work ethics
• Well organized and a quick learner; Research savvy
• Knowledge of Max OSX operating environment
• Great knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Experience with Macromedia Flash and Dreamweaver, Imovie,
Adobe After Effects, Keynotes, Microsoft Office, Publisher
• The ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment
• Ability to communicate on various levels with advertisers, artists,
corporate clients, vendors and media contacts
• Profound ability of planning and executing the marketing campaigns
• Creative talent and a keen eye for design, layout, and photography
• Experience in page set-up, document layout and construction,
scanning and photograph manipulation, text & font management, color
theory, illustration, research, sketching, and web design principles
• Experience with designer/client/vendor interaction
• In-depth experience applying graphic design principles to produce
innovative and tastefully created print documents from start to finish