I have around 12 years of experience as a Technical Writer, Technical Content Developer, E-learning Content Creator in various ICT domains such as Scientific and Measurement Devices, Telecommunication, Data Storage, Smart Grid Electrical Appliances, SAP Applications, Cloud Computing, and Data Processing Applications etc. I have worked on Technical Writing projects single handedly and created documentation plans, content management procedures, style sheets and templates for Documentation Projects for US, Europe and Asia Pacific markets.
My role as a Technical Writer has also included planning documentation projects for technical and business requirements within an organization. This involves working with development and testing teams and creating, proofreading and editing technical documents for ICT projects. I have worked on ICT projects with globally spread out teams coordinating across different geographies and languages.
I have an extensive experience in creating and managing technical documents such as User Manuals, API/Programmer’s Guides, Online and Web Content Documents, Developers Guides, Embedded Help Systems, System Administrator’s Manuals, Hardware and Software Installation Manuals, Technical Reference Documents, eLearning Content, CBTs, Classroom Training Modules, and other Technical Help Documents.
To help organizations create relevant, useful and accurate technical documents for the technical audience and to simplify the complex for those who need to accomplish their tasks.
1999-2002: Masters of Computer Application (MCA)
1996-1998: Bachelors in Commerce (B.Com)
Knowledge and Skills:
• PRINCE2® Foundation Level Certified.
• PRINCE2® Practitioner Level Certified.
• In depth understanding of ITIL practices and methodologies for IT service management projects.
• Created SLAs and OLAs for strategic planning of service design and management for various IT domains.
• Expert communication skills–written, oral, public speaking, presentation.
• Good understanding of IT and Software Development methodologies – SDLC, Agile, Prince2.
Detailed understanding of ITSM based process models for IT service delivery.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to lead people and create a productive and healthy working environment within teams.
• Ability to automate documentation process using programming skills on various platforms.
• An eye for perfection and technical effectiveness to ensure high quality technical documents.
• Attended Scrum Master Certification for Agile methodologies.
• Excellent understanding of authoring technologies such as Structured Authoring, Unstructured Authoring, and DITA XML.
• In depth knowledge of AuthorIT, Google SketchUp Pro, Adobe Captivate, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Dreamweaver, Quark Express, Labview, Madcap Flare, Nimbus, MS Projects, & MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint); Confluence, JIRA, and Sharepoint.
• Extremely good knowledge of Publishing tools such as WebWorks ePublisher.
• Good knowledge of creating Technical Training content, eLearning frameworks, and online classrooms using Moodle, Intelex and Capterra.
• In depth knowledge of SABA, SalesForce, BI and Report Creation and Management.
• Good understanding of technical domains such as Storage Technologies (Virtual Tape Libraries, Remote Data Storage etc.), Smart Metering, Master Data Management, SAP based systems, Wireless and Broadband Technologies, Logistics and Supply Chain Solutions, Web Based Financial and Banking Applications, Telecom Billing and Rating Solutions.
• Knowledge of Project Management, testing and reporting tools like Telelogic Doors, HP ALM, HP Quality Center and IBM PLM; Experienced in writing and executing test strategy, plans and test procedures.