Mainframe-Assembler programmer / zOS Systems programmer
15+ years of professional experience in system-level z/OS Assembler programming,
technical support and z/OS systems programming.
Highly organized and able to multitask self motivated team player with high
energy and ability to work independently as well as within a team.
* Java scripts
* POWER BUILDER
* Mainframe z/OS
* Windows, OS2
* Unix: Sun Solaris, AIX, USS
* Base64 Encoding
* Web Services
* PL/ SQL
* Shell scripting
* Agile technology
* Object oriented
* Performance Tuning
* Capacity planning
* JES2, JES3
* RACF, TSS, ACF2
* JCL, TSO/ISPF
* ISREDIT MACRO
* SDSF, SYSVIEW
* REXX, CLIST
* VTAM, VSAM, HCD
* DFDSS, SMS
* IDCAMS, ICKDFS
* IBM Utilities, RMF
* Dump Analysis
* IPCS, XDC, FILEAID
* SYS1.PARMLIB, SMP/E
* CA WA Manager EE
* HMC, IOCDS, IODF
* CA ESP Agents
* CA ESP z/OS Agent
* CA-1, CA-7, CA-11
* CA Endevor
* IBM WEBSPHERE
* Connect Direct, MQSERIES
2007-2014 SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER CA Technologies Canada
Mainframe, Assembler, Multithreading, JES2/JES3, RACF/ACF2/Top Secret, DB2, SQL, REXX,
CLIST, ISPF/TSO, ISREDIT MACRO, CA-7, CA-11, CA Endevor, IBM Utilities, SYS1.PARMLIB,
DES/AES/Blowfish encryption, Batch Scheduling, Strobe, TriTune, CA Workload Automation
Manager ESP Edition, CA Workload Automation z/OS Agent, CA Workload Automation ESP
Agents, SDSF, SYSVIEW, SMP/E, FILEAID, Dump Analysis, XDC, IPCS, ITIL, Agile, VSAM,
VTAM, TCPIP, SNA, SFTP, FTP, UNIX, XML, JSON/REST, Base64 Encoding, Web Services,
Tomcat, ITIL, Windows.
* Designed and developed Sysplex Failover feature of CA Workload Automation
Manager ESP Edition 11.4 to manage risk and to support business continuity.
* Integrated CA Workload Automation Manager ESP Edition 11.4 and CA Workload
Automation z/OS Agent 11.4 with CA Chorus Software Manager (CSM) 5.1 to manage the
automation of ESP products installation, deployment, and configuration (Project
utilizing agile technology).
* Led in the SDLC of enhancements for CA Workload Automation ESP Edition
product releases 5.5, 11.3 and 11.4 (Utilizing agile technology).
* Created a lab scenario to analyze and resolve memory leak of CA Workload
Automation ESP Edition from a mainframe system.
* Developed AES encryption of CA Workload Automation ESP Edition 11.3 to
establish communication compatibility with CA-AUTOSYS and CA ESP Agents.
* Implemented and maintained smoke test environment of CA Workload Automation
* Implemented and maintained mini-system (standalone LPAR) for development needs
(including IPLs, SYS1. PARMLIB and another system parameters tuning).
Performed design and code review sessions.
Created new PTFs fixing customer’s or internally detected CA WA EE product defects.
Provided technical directions and mentoring in basic assembler language for entry-level
Created and performed presentations of new features to share the knowledge with
development, support, and QA departments.
Participated in remote calls with customers and vendors like IBM in order to understand
the client’s problem and provide a solution.
Prepared, wrote, and reviewed technical documentation for CA WA EE 11.4 Sysplex Failover.
2002-2007 SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER CA Technologies Canada
Mainframe, Assembler, UNIX, Windows, LINUX, Tandem, AS400, SAP, PEOPLESOFT, UNIX Shell
scripting, SFTP/FTP, TCPIP, JES2, RACF/ACF2/TSS, REXX, CLIST, ISPF/TSO, ISREDIT MACRO,
SDSF, DFDSS, IBM Utilities, SYS1.PARMLIB, Batch Scheduling, CA Workload Automation Manager
ESP Edition (EE) and Distributed Edition (DE), CA Workload Automation z/OS Agent,
CA Workload Automation ESP Agents, SMP/E, Dump Analysis, XML.
* Year over year exceeded the annual Customer Satisfaction target of 95% by meeting the
Service Level Agreement.
* Created and maintained a new online help utility "ESP command generator – PCMD" to
improve product usability (CA Best in Class award winner in 2007).
Collaborated with customers and developers by providing technical guidance in:
- Enterprise Job Scheduling and Workload Management (ESP WLM on mainframe ZOS, z/OS Agent).
- Distributed Job Scheduling and Workload Management (ESP AGENTS, D-Series).
Resolved customer service requests (e.g. inquiries, problems, issues).
Resolved complex and critical issues.
Created and maintained new samples and procedures for the best practice data base of
CA Workload Automation products.
Created and maintained new samples, solutions and procedures for FAQ data base of CA
Workload Automation products.
Implemented and maintained support team multiplatform testing environment using
Mainframe, UNIX, Windows, LINOX, SAP etc.
2000-2001 SENIOR OS/390 SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER Sapiens Israel ltd.
Mainframe, HMC, IOCDS, IODF, Multitasking, HCD, JES2, RACF, DB2, CICS, REXX, CLIST, ISPF/TSO, ISREDIT MACRO, CA-1, IBM Utilities, SYS1.PARMLIB, Strobe, Dump Analysis, VSAM, VTAM, OMC-PRINT, TCPIP, APPC, SNA, FTP, OMEGAMON, FILEAID, ICF Catalogues, Performance Tuning, Capacity planning, Storage management, UNIX, Windows.
* Led MVS system programmer’s team upgrading MVS/ESA 5.2 to OS/390 2.8.
Other duties included:
Planning for installation, preparing configuration definition (HCD), capacity planning,
disks initialization (ICKDSF), Server Pack installation, third party products
installation (SMP/E), ACS routine implementation (DFSMS), performance tuning (sys1.parmlib), creating new and customization of old ICF Catalogues (IDCAMS, TSO), TCP/IP, UNIX subsystem installation and implementation (USS), troubleshooting and finally system migration to the production LPAR.
1995-2000 OS/390 SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER IAI Data Systems Centre
Mainframe, HMC, IOCDS, IODF, JES3, ACF2, DB2, IMS DB, IMS DC, REXX, CLIST, ISPF/TSO, ISREDIT MACRO, CA-1, CA-EASYTRIEVE, IBM Utilities, SYS1.PARMLIB, Strobe, Dump Analysis, VSAM, VTAM, VTAMPRINT, TCPIP, APPC, SNA, FTP, OMEGAMON, FILEAID, CONTROL-M, IBM-WEBSPHERE, Connect Direct, MQSERIES, ICF Catalogues, Object oriented, COBOL, POWER BUILDER, UNIX Shell scripting.
* Created several system tools welcomed by system department, and used to speed up
assembler and macro applications upgrade for Y2K.
- Conducted product installations, upgrades, and maintenance via SMP/E.
- Coordinated implementation and maintenance of in house written Change Management system that provided full control of application migration from test environment to production
- Provided testing and implementation of automated schedules, which support MQSERIES
channels running between Mainframe computer and 27 remote UNIX stations. (UNIX shell
scripting, CONTROL-M and C language).
- Participated in operating system upgrade from OS/390 1.3 to OS/390 2.6.
- Conducted OMVS/UNIX subsystem installation and implementation (USS).
- Participated in OS conversion from MVS/ESA 4.3 to OS/390 1.3.
- Assisted in data center migrations and establishing new LPARs.
- Assisted in defining criteria and implementation of disaster recovery procedures and
installation of backup computers, controllers and drives.
* 2013 Mainframe Agile Application Development CA Technologies, Dallas, USA
* 2004 ESP Workload Manager internals Cybermation, Markham, Canada
* 2002 ESP WA Advanced Users Course Cybermation, Markham, Canada
* 2002 REXX wit ESP Workload Manager Cybermation, Markham, Canada
* 2002 ESP Agent Cybermation, Markham, Canada
* 2002 ESP Workstation Cybermation, Markham, Canada
* 2000 CICS TS Tailoring IBM, Tel Aviv, Israel
* 1999 TCPIP Architecture IBM, Tel Aviv, Israel
* 1999 Data Communication IBM, Tel Aviv, Israel
* 1997 SMP/E IBM, Tel Aviv, Israel
* 1997 MVS operational system and its Subsystems IBM, Tel Aviv, Israel
* 1996 CA-EASYTRIEVE CA Israel, Kiryat Atidim, Israel
* 1996 IBM Mainframe Programming IAI, Lod, Israel
* 1995 C programming Tel Ran, Jerusalem, Israel
Tashkent State University
* MS, Computer Science and Mathematics
* Patent granted, USPTO patent # 8,887,179, “Command presentation and generation systems...”
* Patent pending, USPTO application # 13783979, “Graphical UI text selection and processing…”
* Designed and developed SYSPLEX Failover function of CA Workload Automation (ESP Edition) 11.4
* CA Best in Class award winner, 2008
* Point-and-shoot capabilities for ISPF editor TSO/ISPF UPDATE #2
January 2000, Xephon, UK
* Easy use of picture strings TSO/ISPF UPDATE #5
October 2000, Xephon, UK
* An advanced dataset utility MVS UPDATE #152
May 1999, Xephon, UK
* LINKEDIN URL:
* * *