Business & Operations Management TEXTILE PRINTING ~ GRAPHIC DESIGN ~ MAGAZINE PUBLISHING
• Graphic Design Artist, creating logos and design for t-shirts, signs and advertising. Proficient in color separations and digitizing, Adobe Creative and Corel programs.
• Top-performing and successful small business owner with 25 years’ experience providing superb customer service and sound people development/ management expertise
• Strong proficiency in textiles and fiber, surface design, embellishment, and screen printing maintaining a proven track record of continued business operations success, as well as a growing proficiency in magazine editing, graphic design, and publishing
• A true team leader with an analytical, goal-oriented personality and work ethic with an innate ability to influence others and produce dynamic and long lasting results
• Creative, outside-of-the-box thinker demonstrated by invention and patent for an all- natural textile printing ink called Planet Ink and strong desire to continue to learn new things
Awards and Accomplishments?2005: RIT Alumni Entrepreneur Award; 2001 & 2004: Green Business Award
1996: US Trademark and Patent for the Development of "Planet Ink"
Present: Grand Illusion Creative Resources, Ft. Myers, FL - Partner, Manager
• Daily Operations of local art gallery and graphic design department
• Responsible for production and customer services.
• Assist in all matters for successful marketing, artwork, graphics, T-shirt design, large and small format printed materials.
1990 to 2012: High Cotton, Ft. Myers, FL – Owner, Production Manager, and Art Director
• Owner and operator of a successful t-shirt printing and embroidery company for 23 years.
• Employ, manage, mentor, supervise, and train, on average, 10 staff members.
• Successfully build client base, growing the operation to a $500,000/ year business.
• Continue to cultivate a cutting edge art department with innovative designs for digital direct- ?to-garment printing, and water base and discharge dye removal screen printing.
• ? Media recognition in Press Magazine, Printwear and Impressions Magazine for the ?revolutionary invention of an all-natural textile printing ink, environmentalism, Eco-friendly green business, and use of organic fibers.
• ? Event branding & planning, with the following organizations: Art Fest, Ft. Myers, Country Club Promotions, Builders Industry Association, Girl Scouts of Gulf Coast, and Harry Chapin Food Banks, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Lee County Parks, Southern Brand Goods,?Queens Botanical Gardens, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino's, National Earth Day Events and many more.
• 2010 to Present: Florida Hot Rods & Hogs Magazine (FLHRH), Ft. Myers, FL – Editor & Events Management
• Create and edit graphics, for popular Florida magazine on a part-time basis.
• Responsible for overall theme and visual ambiance of the entire magazine.
• Event planner, organizing 2-3 events per month, including most notably the Double Down Motorsports Monthly event at the Seminole Casino Immokalee and an annual FLHRH event, the largest single day car and bike show in the State of Florida, in addition to monthly car shows, cruise-ins, and bike nights
• Assist in all matters for a successful event including booking bands, hiring celebrities, and working directly with media, radio, television, and printers to ensure well-promoted and attended events
Affiliations, Associations and Volunteerism
Co-Chair ArtWalk Ft. Myers
President of the Florida Screen Printers Association
45 Year Member Girl Scouts USA
Event Planner of FSPA Ink Symposium
Event Planner of GSGCF Lee Chalk It Up
Chairperson for Paint Your Heart Out
Assistant District 9 Administrator Little League
Fundraising Director NFMJFA Pop Warner
Education and Training?Education: Bachelor of Fine Art, Textile Design, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
Training: Shopworks & Management, US Screen Printing Institute; Adobe Creative Suite Training. SkillPath; Color Separations, SPAI; Beginning Digitizing, Intermediate Digitizing, and Design for Embroidery, DraWings by Corel; and a Leadership Training Course, Dale Carnegie
Computer Proficiency: Corel Draw, DraWings Digitizing, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Excel, Word, and Pu