DUKE UNIVERSITY – Fuqua School of Business, Durham, NC
Master of Business Administration (MBA), May 2005
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance, May 1993
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE 03/14 – 10/14
ZipEd Tech, Brentwood, CA
•?Oversee GAAP financial reporting to Executive and Board members
•?Perform detail monthly Account analysis and General Ledger reviews for Accounting cycle
•?Review monthly Journal Entries and provide recommendations as needed
•?Reconcile Cash and Accrual financial reports including Bank Reconciliations, Advertising Pre-paid and Salaries expenses.
• Develop KPI metrics to track departmental efficiencies and load factors.
•?Support external financial activities of company including managing RFP bidding process, pricing product for educational services, and strategic planning and market analysis for online course development verticals.
DIRECTOR OF BUDGET & PLANNING 10/11 – 07/13
Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
•?Managed college’s financial resources and operating budget of $100 million
•?Work with CFO to formulate 5-year strategic, annual operating and financial plan
•?Implemented policies on Employee reimbursements to increase accounting efficiency and accuracy
• Audit IT computer replacement purchases, which resulted in an increase to the capital lifecycle
FINANCE / BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (Contractor) 02/10–10/11
Myspace Music (Vaco Resources), Beverly Hills, CA
• Managed company's expected royalty liabilities based on video streams, click-thru, co-sponsorships and ad revenues
•?Model, interpret and report on business segment and brand profitability
• Implemented interactive auditing and tracking database to review and verify $50 mil music royalty payments (MS-Access and Hyperion Essbase)
MANAGER OF FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS 04/06–01/10
J2 Global Communications, Hollywood, CA
• Supervise staff and oversaw $250MM companywide annual financial plan and monthly re-forecast. Liaison with business units for planning reviews and analysis of divisional P&L.
• Assist in monthly Accounting cycle, and review of SEC regulatory filings (10-Q, 10-K)
• Partner with external / internal auditor to determine adequate cash reserves and liquidity
• Drove efforts to identify cost savings in operating efficiencies, and deployment of online advertising campaigns using A/B testing, correlation testing and multivariate modeling.
• Played instrumental role in guiding organization through 3 M&A transactions resulting in a 50% accretion to revenues
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST 11/00-09/05
WaterPik Technologies - Teledyne Laars, Moorpark, CA
• Led financial planning processes including preparation of $300MM Annual Budget, Forecasts, and 5-year Strategic Plans; Managed companywide and segment level activities relating to sales forecast, capital spending, departmental expenses, product liability and warranties.
• Developed & presented quarterly financial presentations for the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee.
• Accrued Early-buy Price/Volume rebate program and measure effectiveness
•Develop Manufacturing reporting and Costing database using MS-Access and Oracle
• Performed ad-hoc business analysis using financial models to determine impact of various Capital Expenditures on ROI, DCF and IRR.
Morgan Stanley & Co (1994-1997) , WellPoint Health Networks (1998-1999)
•?Participated in creating financial and statistical computer model to analyze pro-forma financial impact of equity and debt transactions.
• Value companies using comparable and precedent transactions analysis
• Assist with preparation of Quarterly reviews and account analysis
Financial: Various analytical skills for financial modeling including ROI, IRR, DCF, NPV, EVA, structured finance, WACC and CAPM modeling
Software: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word). Oracle Financial and G/L, Hyperion Essbase. MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos (TM1, EP, Frango and Contributor), Proficiency in Basic VBA, and SQL.