I am Kurdish Sorani/ English interpreter/translator with many years of professional experience interpreting at business meetings, functions and events,
As well as translating formal and informal documents (business proposals, contracts, presentations, essays, posters, emails, letters, etc.)from English to Kurdish and vice versa.
I’m proficient in both Kurdish and English and I have the required fluency and understanding of the cultural differences and I have confidence and experience required to execute my assignments very well.
My vocabulary in both languages is excellent as I grew up receiving formal school education in both languages. I have above average skills when it comes to understanding the context in which words, idioms, phrases and all technical terminology are used in all these languages which provides me with good background for interpreting and translating.
In Iraq I lived in a Multi-ethnic city and I am well versified with their cultures, dialects and traditions. Thus, my diverse background has given me a great advantage in understanding the Middle-Eastern socio-cultural . . I am honest and sincere individual and have always delivered what was in my reach and what was expected of me and would love to make a contribution to your team.
• Fully committed to providing the highest possible standards of the court, and community interpreting and translating service.
• People oriented; enjoy working directly with people and the general public.
• Knowledgeable of different cultural backgrounds.
• Understands and appreciates the importance of a job well done.
• Dealt with different family cases.
• I have a good mastery of consecutive and spontaneous interpreting skills.
• Languages: fluently reads and writes English, Kurdish and Arabic.
March 2013 FREELANCE KURDISH SORANI COURT INTERPRETER
2001 (GED) ( HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA) VANCOUVER, BC
2013 Interpreter Certificate From (MCIS)