Academy Certified Resume Writer | Certified Advanced Resume Writer
PUBLISHED WRITER with 40 years’ experience creating magazine fiction, newspaper articles, blog posts, resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, flyers and newsletters. Published in such magazines as Pulp Empire, Flashing Swords, Abandoned Towers, and Sorcerous Signals. Developed personality stories on noteworthy individuals, including exclusive interview with world-famous Irish singer, by combining solid personal and interviewing skills. Effectively analyze, evaluate, and present ideas in spoken or written form.
Jack Mulcahy Resume Services, LLC; 2011-Present
* Achieved Certified Advanced Resume Writer (Gold) status after completing demanding training program of classes, homework, and multiple writing projects.
* Bolster clients' views of themselves and their employability by combining interviewing and writing skills to build powerful marketing statements.
* Empower each client to show potential employer(s) why s/he is the ONLY candidate for the job by creating accomplishments-based, future-oriented resumes.
* Earned interviews that led to permanent positions by developing resumes for clients in sales, healthcare, education, industrial, administrative, and biopharmaceutical industries.
* Improved overall deliverables by partnering with other resume writers on resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles.
* Acquired prestigious Academy Certified Resume Writer credential as a result of training, study, and multiple writing assignments.
Pennsylvania CareerLink, Norristown, PA; 2009-2012
Recruited by State employment-assistance agency to revamp resume-writing function, which had formerly been highly dependent on pre-written job descriptions from Internet sites, to powerful tool to assist job-seekers in gaining interviews. Chosen due to extensive experience writing for newspapers and magazines, and marketing of training and other services.
* Created high-performance resumes for more than 2,000 clients within 3+ years.
* Increased rate of interviews per client by some 25% over previous in first year.
* Enhanced employers’ recognition of clients by developing Unique Selling Proposition
for each individual.
* Expanded coworkers’ knowledge and skills by serving as exclusive office resource on resume wording, style and approach.
* Received numerous letters of commendation from clients for time and care provided.
* Published short fiction in magazines and feature articles in local newspapers.
* Helped other writers enhance their skills by mentoring and coaching them.
Siemens Building Technologies, Blue Bell, PA; 1993-2005
* Increased training sales by marketing public training sessions to customer account base through direct customer contact and teamwork with fellow employees.
* Revamped, edited and wrote District newsletter, using MS Publisher, which updated employees on latest business developments.
* Created new MS Word and Excel tools for reporting current and projected sales and trained Account Managers in their use, which streamlined sales forecasting and reporting processes.
Wee Three Record Shops, Inc., Philadelphia, PA; 1991-1993
Free-Lance Writer, Designer
* Improved sales performance reporting tools for 170-store retail chain.
* Designed and edited employee training workbooks, newsletter, testing materials, graphs and charts, using MS Word and Excel.
La Salle University; BA, English.