Proactive and motivated professional looking to contribute experience in editing, copywriting, and proofreading in a production environment. Possesses strong teamwork, organization, and communication skills, championing professional and personable interactions with both clients and colleagues. Holds excellent command of the English language, and proficient in copyediting and proofreading various documents, such as articles, proposals, short stories, and theses, with additional experience in writing opinion pieces, articles, short stories and poems. Expert multi-tasker who thrives under deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Editing and Proofreading
• Time Management
• Research/Fact Checking
• Problem Solving and Analytical
• Oral & Written Communication Skills
• Web Editing
• Client Relations
Technical Proficiency: Windows OS, Mac OS, Photoshop, Adobe platforms, Microsoft Office, SEO
Editing and Publishing Certificate, 2013 – George Brown College, Toronto, ON
Courses: Proofreading, Copyediting, Grammar for Editors, Writing for the Web, Principles and Practices of Editing, Substantive Editing, Production Editing, and Book Proposal Development.
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, 2011 – Trent University, Peterborough, ON
FREELANCE EDITOR/WRITER, Toronto, ON 2008 – Present
- Copyediting, proofreading, structural editing, developmental/substantive editing, online editing
- Created and edited flyers for medical representatives, and local businesses
- Editing articles for authenticity, relevance, language, and aesthetics
- Editing for a variety of topics, such as health and fitness, style, psychology, local news, real estate, medical information, spiritual beliefs, and recipes etc.
- Editing various forms of media, such as theses, articles, online articles, essays, resumes, social media, flyers, and textbooks
- Creating and editing training plans for a corporate company
- Corresponding with and building relationships with writers and business owners
- Assigning topics and choosing articles sent in by writers; organizing and planning a bimonthly local magazine
- Creating headers, decks, and choosing pull quotes for articles both in print and online
- Reporting to magazine producers; conducting meetings and implementing ways to increase readership.
- Collaborate with students to assist them in developing strong analytical theses and effective essay organization
- Writing, editing, and executing training plans