222 S.Figueroa St, Apt#1211, Los Angeles, CA-90012 Cell: (909)-680-1612 Email: email@example.com
To obtain a challenging Designing position where I can utilize and further enhance my technical and managerial skills.
M.S. Structural Engineering, University of Southern California, L.A. Dec ‘08
B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Mumbai, India Jun ‘07
John Labib + Associates, Revit Specialist, Structural Designer Los Angeles April ’09 – Till date
• Working on residential structures. Design of roof framing, floor framing and foundations.
• Design of Lateral force resisting elements for seismic. Coordinating with architect and making key decision for the overall project to be economically feasiably.
• Completed seven projects completely on Revit Structure.
• Responsible for all the revit projects from start to finish, including software installation.
• Upgrade of office computers, hardware, plotters purchase and installation.
The Englekirk Companies, Internship Engineer, Los Angeles May ’08 - Aug ‘08
• Worked on multi-storey residential project, commercial parking structure, composite (Concrete and Wood) structures and DSA projects.
• Responsible for Analysis and Design of foundation, retaining walls, shear walls and podium slab; Seismic mass takeoff and base shear calculations for composite 5 storey structure.
• Renovation of USC Facilities Management services building over existing foundation.
• Site Visit to K-3 school project, Wilshire blvd, Los Angeles.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
• T.A. - Transportation Engineering, Fall ‘07, Fall ‘08
Conducted Midterm and Finals Exams for Prof.Hamid Bahadori and assessed 34~40 student’s papers.
• T.A - Introduction to computer programming in Civil Engineering Spring ‘08
Worked on Matlab programming to assess assignments of 56 students for Prof.Farzad Tasbihgo.
• Single family residential, multi family condos, residential & semi-commercial in and around Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Malibu, Beverly Hills etc.
• Review paper on Structural Health Monitoring.
In depth study of related papers published till Dec’05 to generate a report on up-to-date activities related to Structural Health Monitoring.
• Project based on Design of 2-story Auditorium in Timber and Masonary design.
Designed joists, beams, columns, connections and Drop-down connections for seismic loading.
• Final Year Project “Repairs & Chemicals used in Construction Industry & Cost Analysis”
SOFTWARES AND CODES
• Revit 2010, 2011, ETABS, Enercalc, SAFE, RAM, TJ Beam, ACI 318-05, ACI 530, NDS 2005, ASCE7-05, AISC Steel Manual-13th Edition.
• Proficient in Revit 2011, 2010, SAP2000, ETABS, AutoCAD 2010, Windows XP, Server 2003, Mac OS.
• Operating Knowledge of MS Project 2000, Primavera, MS Office, Linux OS, Mathematica and Matlab.
• Attended International Earthquake Conference, Los Angeles, Nov ’08
• Senator-Civil engineering department, Viterbi Graduate Students Association (VGSA), 2008-2009
• Vice President Graduate Civil and Environmental Engineering Association (GCEEA), Spring ‘08, Fall ‘07