SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 6 years experience in Multimedia Production, online community engagement through social media and design layout and regular postings of online publications using wordpress
• 3 years experience in Radio and TV Broadcasting including technical aspects including teleprompting, sound mixing, creating rundowns for thirty minute newscasts as well as writing teases and various stories for broadcast
• Skilled in various Video editing, including logging, encoding video and applying captions and subtitles for http://www.basenettv.com
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Graphics such as Captions/ Subtitles
New Media and communications
Writing for Interactive Media
Research and Investigative Skills
Multimedia Development and Editing
Digital News Production
Online Community Engagement
Adobe Dreamweaver Adobe Photoshop
Final Cut Pro
MS Office Suite
Video Script Writing/ Editing
Julie Moree’s News Watch, Los Angeles, CA Nov. 2012- Present
• Shoot Video/ Photos for use on website using storytelling techniques to reach an online audience
• Research news events and topics in So Cal region
• Uses interview techniques including conducting “man on the street” interviews as well in a conference setting
• Writes and records voiceovers for two to three minute video which is uploaded to YouTube and embedded on website
Basenet Intermedia, Boston, MA 2009- March 2014
West Coast Correspondent - About series
• Researching News events/topics using online web searching, news sources, etc.
• Shooting/editing video including using interviewing techniques to get the full story and Video Equipment to record for editing using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.
• Writing/recording V/O for 2 minute news package using Audacity or Adobe Audition to record and use in editing.
Universal Studios Hollywood- Universal City, CA 2007-Present
• Develops and maintains Spotlight section, including selecting a worker to showcase that month, Writes articles and takes photographs
• Creates storyboard for department training video, which includes planning shots and writing script for voiceover, filming video and editing into a twelve-minute video to play for potential new hires.
Vive Productions June 2013- Oct. 2013
• Logging Video segments using a spreadsheet to record time codes and duration of clips for editors use
• Researching topics using online web searching to find information for upcoming shows
• Contacting / interviewing subjects using video equipment and/or computer software via Google Hangout to record for video segments
Masters of Art; Majors- New Media Journalism (2012)
Full Sail University- Winter Park, Florida
Bachelors of Art; Majors- Broadcast Journalism (2009)
California State University Northridge, California
Service Animal Investigation 2012
• Thesis project for completion of Masters degree, including researching topic and planning how to showcase results on http://www.juliemoreesnewswatch.com/home/a-look-into-the-untraditional-serviceanimal/
• Interviews various experts with knowledge about different types of service animals
• Films service animals doing their jobs
• Edits footage and creates separated page on website hosted by wordpress
• Promotes the release of the story through social media
On Point Host 2009
• Senior tutorial including creating 2 On Point shows, to be aired on Public Access, channel 36.
• Tasks includes, finding experts to talk about topic and writing a series of questions that would lead to an educated discussion to inform and fill a thirty-minute block.
Valley View News - Producer/ Writer/ Anchor 2008
• Creates a 30 minute rundown of the day’s news topics, with slugs and estimated times, assigning writers to cover specific stories and anchors to read them live.
• Creates news packages for the week’s show.
• Read script from teleprompter in a taped show.
KCSN- 88.5 F.M- Producer/ Writer 2008
• Manages newsroom including answering phone calls, managing staff writers, editing audio sound bites and/or conducting interviews on a digital workstation.
American Radio Network- Radio Announcer 2008
• Creates and records a thirty minute live music show each week on Sunday Evenings at www.kclafm.com