Terry J. King
5312 59th Avenue ? Riverdale, MD 20737 ? Home: (301) 277-7620 ?
Word Processor Operator
Office Skills: 32+ Yrs. Experience ? Customer Service ? Filing Database & Records Management ? Reports & Spreadsheets ? Typing Speed (65-70 WPM)
Computer Skills: ? Word (Office Specialist Certified) ? Excel (Office Specialist Certified) ? PowerPoint (Office Specialist Certified) ? Visio ? Outlook ? Windows Vista/XP
Hogan Lovells, L.L.P., Washington, D.C. ? Production Word Processor Operator
December 1998 to Present
• Creates and edits legal and non-legal documents for the numerous attorneys, legal assistants, support staff and clients via rough drafts, attachments from emails, faxes and other means of entry into Word Processing center.
• Manages wide range of documents from legal briefs, letters, depositions, memoranda, tables, mailing labels, stock certificates using Microsoft Word, slide presentations and charts (bar and pie charts using Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel); creates PDF documents (black and white and color) using flatbed scanners and Adobe Acrobat 7.0 software and converts Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents into PDF files and converts PDF files into Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel Documents.
• Scans, edits and inserts graphic images into the above mentioned documents using Corel Photo House and Adobe Photoshop.
• Edits and installs photographs of staff (support staff, legal assistants and attorneys) onto Hogan’s Intranet using Adobe Photoshop.
• Uses flat-bed and sheet-feed scanners for OCR (text), graphics, and PDF document creation.
• Archives various computer files onto CD-ROM disks using CD burners and CD burning software such as Nero.
• Assists legal staff in troubleshooting document problems. Performed other general office duties as assigned. The software used in this position: Operating system used: Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Word 2003, Microsoft Excel 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, Textbridge 9.0, Omni Page Pro 11.0, WordPerfect 9.0, Corel Photo House, Adobe Acrobat 6.0, Adobe Photoshop and Visio 5.0.
Friends and Company., Washington, D.C. ? Temporary Office Worker
January 1997 to December 1998
• Handled wide range of duties from word processing, data entry, and photocopying, filing, etc. depending on the client's needs. I used the following software: WordPerfect 5.0 & 5.1, 6.0 for DOS, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0 and 8.0 for Windows. Lotus 1 2 3, dBase. Microsoft Word 97, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Access experience.
Manna, Inc., Washington, D.C. ? Word Processor Operator
November 1994 to December 1996
• Created and edited documents for the office staff at Manna, a non profit organization that builds low to moderate income housing in D.C., using a 586 Pentium computer.
• Produced documents (over 800 documents) ranging from simple letters and memoranda to forms, certificates, business cards, organizational charts, post cards, brochures, charts, financial reports, invitations, signs and flyers.
• Software used in the creation of the aforementioned documents was: WordPerfect 6.1 for Windows, WordPerfect 6.0 for DOS, Microsoft Excel, FoxPro, dBase, Harvard Graphics, Paintbrush, various clip art software and Neo paint.
• Assisted colleagues in resolving any computer related problem. I also performed data entry duties using ADP/Payroll software (entering employee payroll data and sending that data to ADP via modem). I also had exposure to Windows 95. I performed other office duties as assigned.
Friends and Company, Washington, D.C. ? Office Specialists, Washington, D.C.
Temporary Office Worker
January 1991 to November 1994
• Performed a variety of word processing, data entry, and photocopying, filing and other general office duties depending on the client's needs. Obtained WordPerfect 5.0 & 5.1, 6.0 for DOS, 6.0, and 6.1 for Windows. Lotus 1 2 3, dBase experience.
American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees, (AFSCME), Washington, D.C.
Word Processor Operator
October 1988 to October 1990
• Typed letters, reports, memoranda and statistical data from rough draft. Proofread and edited typed material to ensure correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. I also performed data entry/keying duties, entering data concerning AFSCME membership. Obtained ETC Word Processor experience and Keymaster Data Entry experience.
U.S. Soldiers' & Airmen's Home, Washington, D.C. ? Clerk Typist
May 1987 to October 1988
• Typed letters, reports, memoranda and statistical data from rough draft. Sorted and distributed incoming mail to appropriate personnel. I performed data entry and other office duties as needed for the Logistics Department of Soldiers' Home. Obtained WANG VS Word Processor Experience.
Defense Communications Agency, Arlington VA ? Clerk
December 1986 to May 1987
• Typed letters, reports, interoffice memoranda, and other documents relating to Contract Division functions. Distributed incoming mail to appropriate personnel. WANG VS Word Processor experience
Veterans Administration, Washington, D.C. ? Clerk
December 1985 to May 1986
• Typed letters for response to Veterans' inquiries, reports, and other Veterans Administration documents from rough drafts. Sorted and distributed incoming mail to appropriate personnel. Obtained IBM 5520 Word Processor experience.
U.S. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. ? Library Aide
April 1982 to September 1985
• Typed and installed bookplates and labels on books, maps, records, etc. for cataloging, identification, and shelving purposes. Performed other general office duties as assigned.
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, D.C. ? Data Entry Clerk
June 1979 to January 1982
• Mined data from source documents such as payroll vouchers and entered the data into the computer system via a computer terminal (CRT). I also used computer terminals to verify data entry work performed by fellow co workers to assure accuracy.
Microsoft Office Specialist Expert – Microsoft Office Word 2003 – 9/29/05
Microsoft Office Specialist Expert – Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 – 1/30/2008
Microsoft Office Specialist Expert – Microsoft Office Excel 2003 – 1/30/2008
• 32+ years of General Office Experience.
• 25+ years of Word Processing experience.
• Word Processing systems used: IBM 5520, Lexitron, WANG VS, WordPerfect 5.0, 5.1, 6.0 for DOS. Experience in WordPerfect 6.0, 6.1, 7, and 8.0, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint 97, 2000, 2003 for Windows and Windows XP, Windows Vista.
• Very knowledgeable in the use of Columns, Tables, Graphics, Mail Merging and other advanced functions in Microsoft Word 2003.
• I have the ability to adapt to most computer software. I consider myself computer literate. Lotus 1 2 3, DBase. Textbridge 9.0 OCR software, Omni Page Pro 11.0 OCR software, Adobe Acrobat 6.0, Corel Photo House and Adobe Photoshop experience. Hardware used: HP Laserjet III, 4si, 5si; Tektronix Phaser 840 and Phaser 780 color printers. Epson Perfection 1640SU color scanner and Xerox Docutech 65 printer. I possess, at my home, an IBM computer with 120 Gigabyte hard drive, 2 Gigabyte of memory, flatbed scanner, and Microsoft Windows Vista Professional with the following software: Microsoft Windows XP with Microsoft Word 2003, Microsoft Excel 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft PowerPoint 2003, Microsoft Access 2003, Microsoft Publisher 2003, Microsoft Word 2007, Microsoft Excel 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft PowerPoint 2007, Microsoft Access 2007, Microsoft Publisher 2007 , Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, Microsoft Access 2010, Microsoft Publisher 2010. With this computer, I have an OKI C3200N color printer, and Comcast High-Speed Internet Service, and over 200,000 clip art images and photos. I also have Cyberlink CD burning software on my computer. I also have a laptop (Lenovo T60) with much of the same software. I have experience with various electric or electronic typewriters, copiers, fax machines, and other common office equipment. My typing speed varies between 60-75 words per minute.
References are available upon request.